View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2011, 3:12 pm
First Year

Re: What would you change about the films?

I wouldn't change the first 2 films. They were very true to the book - a bit boring at times, yes but by far my favourites. I like how the gave Snape enough screentime (particularly in PS) and justice to Ron's Character e.g. the Chess scene. In the other movies he's the funny guy, not very brave.
PoA - I would have made it a point to give the Marauder's story. Best part of the book. The scene in the Shrieking Shack was too rushed.
GoF - not my favourite but nothing in particular I would change. Perhaps if the movie just wasn't so rushed.
OotP - Give Sirius's character more importance, show his fustration at being locked up. I would give SWM proper screentime. Harry and Cho's date. And Harry's grief after Sirius's passing. They just cut too much out of this movie!
HBP - More focus on Riddle's past rather than Won Won. A bit more screen time to Snape.
Deathly Hallows part 1 - This was a good movie. Quite true to the book! I just wished they added Lily's letter. And the graffitti at Godric's Hollow, if they made that scene with some touching music, I would cry!
Deathly Hallows part 2 - More importance to all the deaths. A few scenes of Snape's teenage years with Lily. Would make Snape look like less of a saint (they completely overlooked the fact that Snape was the one who told LV about the prophecy - hence the whole remorse element). All of the scenes after that were disappointing including TPT (although the visit to Godric Hollow addition was beautiful)

And I agree with agilefalcon16! I liked the first Voldemort. The Voldemort in the next movies would just make me laugh.

Last edited by Gemini123; August 5th, 2011 at 3:14 pm.
Sponsored Links