View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2014, 5:48 pm
Member of the Order

Re: Feminism: Definitions and Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
To the extent that no male celebrities had their nude photos stolen.
Because that would be a joke that was long old.
Quote:
Who is "we"? I think that seems to be taking the straight man's perspective as representative of society in general. What about straight women? Gay men? Bisexuals?
In the media, the gay doesn't sell well here if at all.
Quote:
Or, perhaps people need to broaden their definition of scumbags in this context.
It's not just the creepy guy lurking around in the trenchcoat or the fortysomething guy living in his mother's basement. I think people need to be aware that those who commit sex crimes are not just one narrow category.
If you want to believe that a person viewing a nude picture of celebrity is a "scumbag" you're certainly entitled to it. But never ever equate it as a sex crime. Because you then turn the true sex crimes (i.e Rape, Sexual assault) into a joke. The real deal has nothing to do with simply viewing a picture of a grown nude woman.
You're conflating this particular issue with genuine felonies, and you are so wrong for doing it.
Quote:
Taking a photo is not turning and glancing. I will stick with my analogy -the person who leaves the car open is foolish, but that doesn't mean that you can steal whatever you want without facing consequences.
But you're not stealing anything. And your analogy doesn't convince the "other side" of the argument. It doesn't hold water. What's being stolen according to the law? Case thrown out.

All fighters are pig-headed some way or another: some part of them always thinks they know better than you about something. Truth is: even if they're wrong, even if that one thing is going to be the ruin of them, if you can beat that last bad out of them... they ain't fighters at all.

---Eddie Scrap-Iron Dupris (Million Dollar Baby)

Last edited by Midnightsfire; October 27th, 2014 at 5:51 pm.
Sponsored Links