View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2014, 12:56 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Feminism: Definitions and Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightsfire View Post
If you say so. I know a few ladies that would say differently. That they want to be seen as "sexy." (And I should wonder if that means something differently to others)
Sexy is one thing. Thinking "Oh, I'm gonna wear this skirt because when I look nice my self esteem is better" and thinking "oh, I'm gonna wear this skirt and hope the men who see me in it will think I have no free will, no personality and a third boob where my brain should be" are two very different things in my opinion. No doubt some women like to be seen as objects but that's only because they've been reading too much "Fifty shades of grey".

Quote:
I believe that most women want to be seen as sexy. The cosmetics, the clothing, etc...all that which the more extreme feminists despise, is that which many women aspire to; to be sexually appealing.
Women dress nicely and wear make-up even if there aren't any men around. For most people (men and women alike) when you look good you feel good.

Quote:
And I don't know any woman that doesn't want that.
I don't think there are any heterosexual men out there who are completely indifferent to how women view them either. We all like to impress potential romantic partners, it's part of courtship but it's not the same as objectification.

Sponsored Links