View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2015, 4:11 am
Master of the Magical Arts

Re: Harry Potter Theme Park v.2

We went in October and it was awesome - and crowded. The lines were long, but it was worth it. Loved both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. Grymmditch already described everything perfectly so I won't repeat except to add that my son did get picked for the Ollivander's wand demo. He was so excited and they did it almost exactly like the movie - great special effects. The wand that chose my son cost a bit more than I expected, but thankfully, his grandparents are big softies and wanted him to have the full experience so they bought it for him. The wand is interactive and there are places throughout both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley where he could do spells that worked. He loved it.

I took tons of pictures - it was almost like walking into one of the films. The Forbidden Journey is probably my favorite ride of all time - about as close to virtual reality as you can get - but we rode everything. Twice. And the butterbeer is awesome. I got the souvenir mug and bought a bottle of pumpkin juice. The pumpkin juice is not as good as the butterbeer - a little too much like drinking pumpkin pie for my taste - but the bottle looks cool. We also got chocolate frogs and Bertie Botts beans. My son and I had as much fun as Ron and Harry trying the different flavors - but thank God for the flavor chart.

Reform must come from within, not from without. ~ James Cardinal Gibbons

"So, if people want information on my characters, then they have to accept that I'm going to give them the information on the characters. And if they don't like it, that's the nature of fiction. You have to accept someone else's world because they made that world, so they probably know a little better than you do what goes on there." ~ J.K. Rowling

All posts are my opinions and interpretations based on reading the Harry Potter books and interviews with J.K. Rowling.

Sponsored Links