View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2011, 6:52 pm
Hogwarts Graduate

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobson View Post
I think the only way he would have turned to the good side would have been if he had gotten his way. If he had ended up with Lily. I'm really not sure what he would have done. Maybe he would have gotten progressively more angry that she had married James rather than feeling remorse for her death later on.
Hmm - If the only reason not to become a member of the most feared group of criminals would be a romantic relationship with the woman he wanted, that wouldn't speak well of Snape at all. Where are the moral objections to "torture, murder and coercion"? If having Lily as his partner was the only reason not to become the most dangerous kind of criminal, I doubt any promise not to become a DE would last long, even if Lily had stayed in Snape's life.

Pic by julvett at deviantart http://julvett.deviantart.com/gallery/2984632
"Relationships are like glass; sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put them back together." Anonymous
"Like this one time I sort of ran over this girl on her bike. It was the most traumatising event of my life and she’s trying to make it about her leg. Like my pain meant nothing." - Cordelia; Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1Ep11.
Sponsored Links