View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2019, 5:51 am
Ravenclaw Prefect

Re: Rate / Review the Last Film you've seen v.3

Captain Marvel--Finally, the MCU has a movie led by a female superhero, and she packs a wallop! She's a really interesting character, and Brie Larson does a very nice job portraying Marvel's newest superhero. The supporting cast does a nice job with their characters as well. Samuel Jackson's de-aged Nick Fury was an entertaining sidekick to Larson's Carol Danvers (although the de-aging for him and for Clark Gregg's Phil Coulson doesn't entirely avoid the uncanny valley effect--it's better than some attempts at the effect, but still doesn't look natural). Goose the Cat is also a highlight, although explaining how would involve spoilers. The movie is entertaining, although the way the story is built caused me some confusion while watching it; having said that, all confusion is dispelled by the final act, and the storytelling device enables the audience to learn what's going on in much the same way as Captain Marvel does. Overall, it's a good addition to the MCU cannon--not one of the best, but enjoyable, interesting and well done. I look forward to seeing what Carol Danvers will contribute in the upcoming Avengers: Endgame.

Edited to add: forgot to mention that the Marvel Studios credit in the beginning of the film was changed to show Stan Lee's cameo appearances over the years, a sweet tribute to the man who was responsible for so many of the Marvel characters and stories from the movies. I thought it was a great way to honor his memory.

Awesome Ravenclaw Princess of the Strawberry-ness/Pottermore Ravenclaw & Thunderbird
Back to COS, the Forum that Lived

Last edited by Anhelda; March 11th, 2019 at 5:35 pm.
Sponsored Links