View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2011, 4:06 pm
Third Year

Re: What are your movie pet peeves?

GingerCat, I actually do agree with you here. I really hate how they take away a lot from Ron and change his character traits in a way. Yes, he plays the comic relief often in the books, but by no means is he weak or a coward.

Quote:
- In OotP (movie) Ron's entire Quidditch story is cut (including him winning the cup).
I can understand why they cut Quidditch, but I was looking forward to hearing "Weasley Is Our King!"

Quote:
- In HBP (movie) they cut the scene with Ginny so from a movie perspective it looks like Ron just started snogging Lavender for absolutely no reason.
My only quip with this scene is that non-readers may wonder why Lavender. Sure, she says "hi" to him from the beginning of the movie, but without Ginny's scene it seems weird that he would start snogging Lavender when it's clear that he has a crush on Hermione.

Quote:
-In HBP (movie) at the end when Hermione tells Harry that she and Ron will go with him in search of the horocruxes for some reason Ron is sitting far away while Harry and Hermione have a moment together.
Probably my biggest pet peeve of HBP. They way it stands, it seems like Ron is not going on their journey to hunt horcruxes or something. It's been the trio from SS/PS and that's the way it should end. This doesn't sit well with me at all!

One of my biggest movie pet peeves is PoA. Just the whole movie. They completely left out the Marauder's story, which is one of my favorites in the series! They made Sirius seem like a maniac and the Shrieking Shack scene was waaaaaaaay too rushed and didn't feel clear to me. I could go on and on, but I'll spare all of you of my antics

Hufflepuff Pride
Sponsored Links