View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2012, 3:33 pm
First Year

Re: Harry Potter and the Hellfire Potion

Chapter 9 ~ Awakening

Harry sank a little deeper into the comfort of his warm bed. He was so tired; it felt like his bones were worn out. He was vaguely aware of a sting to his skin (he didn't realise that his skin was raw and pink, still healing from the many injuries he sustained when the Ministry collapsed on him), when he felt hot liquid dripping onto his face. He made a groggy sound and tried to wipe the stuff off, but his arm was too heavy to move. Drip, drip, drip - there it went again. He could ignore it no more. Harry felt his whole body start to heat up from within, and with a small flicker, his eyes opened and a very blurry, candlelit room swam slowly into focus.

"HARRY!!!!!" screeched a voice, and suddenly Hermione's face was inches from his.

"Oi, mate! We thought you were never going to wake up!" Ron's freckly face appeared at his other side.

"Wuh? Whassgoinon?" Harry asked blearily. He heard a soft squawk and realised Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix was perched at the end of the bed. "Fawkes?"

"He used his tears to heal you! Oh, Harry! You're okay!" squealed Hermione

"Where's Dumbledore?" Harry asked thickly. He felt like he was trying to talk through a mouthful of sludge. Every one of his senses seemed like it was working in slow motion.

"Er, he's not around, Harry," said Ron, unsure of what to do, "He...he left Fawkes to you, in his will..." he trailed off and looked at Lupin for help. Had Harry lost his memory?

Lupin smiled reassuringly at Ron and knelt down so he was eye-level with Harry.

"Hello Harry. It's good to have you back. You gave us quite a shock, I can tell you."

"Wha' happened? Everything's sore. Where's Dumbledore?"

"Harry...you've been through a huge ordeal...it - it involved Voldemort. Do you remember anything at all?"

"Voldemort..." said Harry slowly, "yeah...we fought...pink light was everywhere, then..."

"You were in the Ministry of Magic with Voldemort. We're not entirely sure what happened, but it would appear that the two of you battled, and the building collapsed." he reached out and held Harry's hand. "Voldemort is dead, Harry. You defeated him!"

"I - I did?" Harry asked, feeling the healing power of Fawkes's tears really taking effect now. Everything was coming into clear focus at last. He sat up, carefully. "I did! He's - he's gone! He's - " he stopped short, suddenly remembering something Dumbledore had said...his final task...what was it? And then Harry had an awful, sinking realisation, Bellatrix Lestrange.

"What's the matter Harry?! You did it mate! YOU DID IT!!!" Ron was practically galloping around the room now.

"What's all the noise - HARRY!!!" Mrs. Weasley had stuck her head in the door when Ron started making a racket. "Harry, my dear! Oh Harry!" she hurried towards him, and grinning at her weakly, Harry accepted her overbearing embrace gratefully.

Hearing all the noise going on in the room, the others rushed in.

"Oh!" sobbed Ginny, rushing forwards and nudging Mrs. Weasley, not too gently, out of the way. "Harry," she breathed softly.

"Ginny..." Harry stared at her, his heart suddenly feeling a thousand times lighter. Ignoring the stares from everyone around them, he pulled her towards him and kissed her lightly on the lips. They pulled apart, grinning at each other, then hugged tightly. With a sob, Hermione rushed over and threw her arms around them both, Ron shrugged to himself and did the same, with an enormous smile. Luna and Neville exchanged a glance, then followed suit a beat later.

Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Luna and Neville – the six friends and the remaining members of the DA - sat like this for a very, very long time.

Sponsored Links