View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2014, 4:57 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Remus John Lupin: Character Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryLore View Post
I'd like to add, also, that when Snape went to Lupin's office to give him the Wolfsbane Potion, he saw the Marauder's Map. Here they were, trying to find dangerous Sirius Black, and Lupin had a map showing where everyone was. Granted, Snape initially thought this proved Lupin was working with Sirius (after all, he would have turned the map over to Dumbledore so they could catch Sirius otherwise) but after Snape found out the truth, I don't think he trusted Lupin's judgement for not handing over the map, and was willing to put the students at risk.

The one thing I never understood about Lupin was why he never gave Dumbledore that map.
Does the Map show the grounds as well? I've forgotten. If it did, could Lupin with the Map have seen Sirius on the grounds and still failed to report him? If it did, Snape would have connected the dots quickly, and that would have been a big thing against him as well.

What upsets me about Lupin, is that for 13 years he makes no contact with Harry and even in third year, he hardly mentions Harry's parents to him nor does he tell the starved for information orphan boy a few good things about his parents, not even when Harry tells him about what he hears when he is close to a dementor. This I found rather unforgivable.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links