View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2011, 1:18 am
First Year

Re: Are we too old for Harry Potter?

Deffinitely not! Ive been a fan since I was 6 and now I'm 17 and still a huge fan! And will always be. And as the series progresses, the books and movies get MUCH darker and way more adult. Not to mention complex. I wouldn't be able to comprehend everything that went on in the last couple books if I was a young kid who read it. I still don't understand everything that happened. It kind of makes me mad how some people call it a children's series. Sure, the first book may be aimed at younger kids. But that's just because the main characters are very young. But as a whole I would deffinitely not say its a children's series. Instead, its meant for a general audience. Thats part of the reason why its so popular. It has such a huge diversity of fans! Its unlike any series. Now I don't mean to put down any series, but i will state facts. Twilight's fan base is almost all girls and mainly between the ages of 13 to 25. A Series of Unfortunate (I LOVE that series) is geared at both genders but mainly at a younger audience because the plot is simple (though interesting), written in a way that is understandable to younger audiences and the font is relatively big. I was a huge fan when I was about 10. Then there's star wars. I never saw any of the movies (except for one) so Im sorry if I get some facts wrong, i'm just going by what I know. Ya both genders like it but I would say more males do, by far. And there's Lord of the Rings. Again, I don't know much about this series. But from what I see, the majority of fans are guys and I have yet to see a really young kid who is crazy about these books. So all in all, HP is deff. NOT a kids series... it just has a huge audience. Little kids are huge fans as well as grandparents. This is what makes it most successful. Just because little kids read it, does it make it automatically a "kids" series? No. Little kids watch The Simpsons but I wouldn't consider it a childrens cartoon.

Sponsored Links