View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2011, 11:17 pm
First Year

Re: Plot holes, inconsistencies, and contradictions v. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfutterman View Post
Northern European?
I know it's supposed to be Northern, but there are certain things which led me to believe it's more Eastern: First is Viktor Krum, who is Bulgarian, which is everything but Northern... Second is Igor Karkaroff, who, in my opinion, seems to be Russian or something in that direction, at least considering his name and accent. The only Northern European student is Gellert Grindelwald, who is presumabely German or Scandinavian. That's what I thought was strange. Or perhaps Durmstrang just has a very wide catchment area, for many countries.
(Which disappoints me a little, because I always imagined every country to have their own school of witchcraft and wizardry. But as it seems, in the wizard world, I would have been a Durmstrang student. Meh.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1 View Post
Do you think Harry lost the ability to speak parseltongue when Voldy's soul was removed from his body?
I found the the interview where she answered that question. It was in the Bloomsbury live chat and can be found at http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/...bury-chat.html

And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Sponsored Links