View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2010, 8:12 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Snape and Lily: Joint Character Analysis v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver ink pot View Post
Why should we think that Lily made a mature choice in choosing James and Sirius as friends over Snape when they were obviously neither mature themselves nor actually nicer to anyone?
Where in the text does it indicate that Lily chose James and Sirius over Snape? Canon shows why Lily breaks away from Snape, and it was because of Snape's own actions.

Quote:
especially since he has been watching the whole Ron/Hermione drama-rama unfold over years and their reunion in DH. How many times did they break up and forgive each other?
Ron never called Hermione a racial slur and/or aligned himself with racists who hated people like her. That's the difference. If Snape's actions and choices are not taken into account, then of course that loses Lily's reasoning for her actions, making her look like she's being too mean and unreasonable. But I feel you'd have to deny canon in order to get to that point.

In slow motion the flowers fell from my head an shattered like glass. And when I looked into the mirror, I was a beautiful milkmaid. Then I woke up crying, and I donít know why. ~Snape from Potter Puppet Pals

"In a lot of cases I think being the canon love interest for a much-beloved male character is the female character's death sentence." ~ thirty2flavors regarding the hate of female characters in fandom

~I'm Lily's best friend because she doesn't have one.~

Last edited by RavenStar83; March 17th, 2010 at 9:27 pm.
Sponsored Links