View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:16 pm
Sixth Year

Re: Albus Severus Potter: Character Analysis

Even though Albus' initials are ASP, I don't think JK Rowling meant to imply that he would be in Slytherin. I think Albus worrying about going into Slytherin shows how much he is like Harry, which might mean that he would "do well" in Slytherin like Harry would have, but he would choose Gryffindor in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonius
Someone posted a theory in the comments on MuggleNet that caught my attention: if Lily and James died in 1981, that would place the pre-epilogue ending of DH in mid-1998. Therefore, the epilogue takes place in September 2017. Jo once said something like "maybe in ten years I'll come back and write some more." I'm just wondering if it's a coincidence that the story ends 10 years after the book came out in real life - a little far-fetched, I know, but there's a reason for most of the little details she writes, and I can't help thinking there's a reason why she specifically picked 19 years as the time gap between the ending chapter and the epilogue.
Hehe, we can sure dream that it isn't a coincidence, can't we.

"Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' ... Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods."
~ Stephan King, July 2007
Sponsored Links