View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2015, 6:37 pm
Renegade

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoana View Post
No, what I meant was, if an author managed to stir debate, let alone long-lasting and heated debate, of their books, they did well as an author, because if there's nothing to analyse and argue about, if everything is clear-cut and there's no room for interpretation, it can't be a very good book IMO.

As for Snape, I think it's a matter of interpretation and you're just as right about him as I am and as JKR is. He's a literary character and as such belong to each reader and I believe there are no wrong interpretations. I haven't always believed that but I do now. Reading and making sense of stories and characters for one's own pleasure and fun is such an individual thing because we're all so different, coming from different backgrounds and experiences. I don't think there's such a thing as a wrong interpretation of a character, and the more interpretations there are, the greater depth there is to a character.
We're good, my friend. It's okay to think differently.

"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon."

~ President Bill Clinton ~
August 28, 2013
50th Anniversary of "I Have a Dream"

All opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of any political or government body.
Sponsored Links