View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2007, 2:44 am
Second Year

Re: Which Deathly Hallows scene will be the best movie scene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertzie View Post
I really doubt there is a director alive that will be able to do this book justice.
Alfonso Cuaron. What he did in Children Of Men would be so perfect for Deathly Hallows. Especially the battle at Hogwarts with walls being blown up, people hurt and dying, it should feel real and intense like the Children Of Men war scenes. And we know how well Cuaron directed PoA. You may whine and moan about details being left out but it's still the best movie, it's the most beautiful-looking, has the best music, exactly the right tone, the performances were the most natural instead of what they're doing now trying to force a performance out of the actors, particularly the trio.

As with all the movies, cramming in every scene and all the details isn't what it's about, it's about capturing the feeling of the book, taking select moments and bringing them to life in a satisfying way (e.g. in PoA, the Lupin Patronus lesson was such an amazing scene, one of the best so far in the movies, and yet it's different to the book details).

If I was going to cut anything big it would be the Ministry infiltration, getting the locket from Umbridge. Cut all that (I'm sure they won't want to put up the Ministry atrium set again), have Kreacher hiding the locket at Grimmauld Place, quickly flashback to the cave as Kreacher tells the tale, show Regulus meeting his rather sticky end(!)

Sponsored Links