View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2011, 3:35 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.5

Quote:
I wonder whether, if Slytherin and Gryffindor had Potions together in those days, Snape and Lily took the opportunity to sit together? Their friendship seemed well-known to the other Gryffindors but I can't recall anything that says the other Slytherins knew much about it. I think it must have taken a lot of effort on Snape's part to maintain the relationship, given what his Slytherin friends thought about Muggle-borns.
In TPT, their argument over the Werewolf Incident takes place in the courtyard, most likely during the day. They would have been seen together there, as well as, I'm sure, in other places before they were able to realize just how divided the school could get over House loyalty. So I tend to think the friendship was known, but simply not memorable on the part of anyone who could have told Harry later on (convenient for Jo).

Not sure about potions. We know Slughorn goes on and on about Lily and also mentions Severus' skills in the subject during the Christmas party. This might be a deliberate connection made for us to delve into-- a hint, so to speak, toward the friendship that was revealed in the next book. Maybe there was possible collaboration between the two friends?

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Sponsored Links