View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.5

Revisiting a couple questions.

Quote:
How did Hogwarts effect the friendship between Snape and Lily? We see that up until fifth year they consider themselves to be "best friends", despite the house system. Do you think they both worked to maintain the friendship?
Interesting point about them keeping it up in spite of the House system. We know Lily's friends had complaints, and I can't see Severus' being very happy about him hanging out with a Mudblood. I tend to believe he played something of a juggling game between the two opposing friendships, wanting to remain with Lily for sentimental reasons and with Mulciber and co. for security/social reasons without entirely realizing how mutually exclusive the friendships really were.

Quote:
What do you think about Snape's relationship with Dumbledore? Did they become friends or was Dumbledore a substitute father figure for him?
I find it rather interesting how often Severus will emote in from of DD, whether it's his love for Lily, his ranting about Harry, his suspicion of Lupin, concern for DD, etc. It makes me believe that either Snape felt he had nothing more to lose after promising to do "Anything" on the hilltop, or he trusted DD.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me

Last edited by ignisia; June 29th, 2011 at 10:55 pm. Reason: I'm not sure if I'd call that freudian slip or not...
Sponsored Links