Thread: Orphan Black
View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2013, 2:18 pm
MODLY CREW

Re: Orphan Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMotherCrow View Post
I just finished the season, and it was definitely worth watching. Tatiana Maslany is fantastic; past the first episode, I completely forget that all those characters are being played by the same actress. Sometimes she is even playing one character who is pretending to be another, like Sarah pretending to be Alison, or Alison pretending to be Sarah. My one quibble about it, from episode 10:

Spoiler: show
In an earlier episode Helena had gone to the police station and impersonated Sarah impersonating Beth, and Helena had tucked her blond hair up under a hat. It was very well done. In episode 10, Helena is impersonating Sarah to fool Amelia, and is supposedly wearing a wig this time, but I swear they used plain old wig-less Sarah until Helena stabbed Amelia. I think that's cheating the audience, and trading suspense for a cheap shock.

I'm also not sure how I feel about the implication that Mrs. S is somehow involved. Not sure how that fits in.

I am really looking forward to season 2-- which unfortunately doesn't start until April 2014, so it will be a long wait.
Spoiler: show
I still cling to the hope that Mrs S just packed up and ran because she was worried for Kira. Sarah never had a monitor, as far as we know, so let's keep our fingers crossed that Mrs S hasn't been doing what we all think she did. It would be weird if the organisation never knew of Sarah but somehow had a scientist at hand raising her and her child.

Sponsored Links