View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2011, 5:28 pm
Zonko's Employee

Re: Are we too old for Harry Potter?

I'm not really a literary person. When I read, I don't tend to focus on how something is written, I don't even put that much emphasis on the text itself, for me it's all about the world the text creates, the story, the themes, the plot and the characters. I'm unusual, I know, but I don't critique literature as most people do. The words to me are just a prop. I don't focus on the style or type of words used. As long as it's intelligible and I can understand it and it's grammaticaly correct and easy on the eyes and it works for me, I don't care. To me language is a prop, it's primary purpose IMO is communication. I don't get caught up in how pretty the words are put together or whatever, I focus more on what the words are trying to say. Language is a means to an end to me, I don't put too much stock in it as an art to itself or as a cultural thing. I tend to get immersed in a great book like any of the Potter books and lose myself. It's an experience that is difficult to explain.

Hufflepuff through and through! On COS and Pottermore!
Fair, Just, Loyal and unafraid of Toil

Last edited by MasterOfDeath; September 7th, 2011 at 5:40 pm.
Sponsored Links