View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2009, 1:00 pm
Fifth Year

Re: What annoyed you most about GOF v3

What annoyed me is how they ruined the Crouch Jr surprise about 30 minutes into the movie. That tongue flicking was a good idea that was ruined through overuse. I would have done it differently. We should have seen Crouch from behind only at the QWC, and we should have first seen Crouch's face and tongue-flick in Dumbledore's pensieve. Then as Moody ushers Harry into the maze we should have seen him flick his tongue, just once, as if he's struggling to control his joy at his mission being completed. Newell's way made it far too obvious who Moody was, as soon as Crouch Sr was murdered it was clear, and it just made Dumbledore look even more stupid when there was a twitch like that staring him in the face for a year, even more so after he mentions he's been searching for 'a small detail' to explain everything. I'd be surprised if anyone in the audience didn't know what was coming when Moody's Polyjuice started to wear off.

Quote:
The first task annoyed me because it went on for too long. It was meant to be thrilling and action based, but I was bored.
It only went on for 2 or 3 minutes. I thought it was quite well done, save for the part in the actual arena. The animation of the dragon and the shots of it clambering over the towers were great IMO. Much better than being cramped into that bland little arena. Plus we got to see Dumbledore do a bit of slapstick when Harry flew over him. Gambon's reaction there was priceless.

Last edited by yoshi2542; April 3rd, 2009 at 1:05 pm.
Sponsored Links