Thread: Audio Books
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2009, 3:00 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Re: Audio Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLupin View Post
I was given one in college by a friend of my father's. Since I traveled a lot to be with my dad while he was dying, his friend thought it may help. I have been hooked ever since. But it really does depend on the narrator. Some of my favorite books have been horrible to listen to because the voice didn't do it justice. And I still remember listening to The Crucible. It was so well done I missed my exit while driving. I got so lost that I added an extra hour and a half onto my trip!
Yes it most definitely depends on the narrator. I remember listening to them at school, and it was extremely boring. I hated it. Jim Dale does great though on the Potter books. I haven't tried anything else though. V8 I like listening to them before bed as well. And when we went to Ocala a few months back, I took along DH and I'm so glad I did. It really helped drone out the four screaming kids behind me. I have to purchase HBP before I hit the road to Pensacola to go see my college.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Sponsored Links