View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2011, 8:30 pm
Second Year

Re: Book Recommendations v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjalina View Post
I would! It's not necessarily a book with too much action and when I read it last year, I needed a bit to get used to the language and the imagery and the exceptional POV, but then I got hooked. I think it's a heart-warming, touching, beautiful book. If you decide to go through with it, be prepared to need a big box of tissues during the whole final chapter. But then again, tastes are different, so not everyone will love the book as much as I do.
I agree. The Book Thief is a fantastic book and I cried my heart out at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyducks View Post
Can someone recommend me some series of books that has complex plots, interesting characters, like the HP books?

I really want to read some good books but that the plot is complicated and not simple.
Have you tried any crime/thriller books? The best ones certainly provide lots of twists and turns in the plot. I would recommend Harlan Coben, Carl Hiason, Kate Atkinson and Christopher Brookmyre, but really I'd just suggest going into your local bookstore and browsing the crime writing or thriller section reading the blurbs until you come across a book that you think will appeal to you.

Sponsored Links