View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2009, 9:07 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Is it okay to still read books meant for younger audiences as an adult?

Of course it's okay! How could I say anything else, my highest wish for Christmas 2008 was a fairytale book! I read Artemis Fowl, Roald Dahl's books, fairytales, etc, and I love them all! When I am tired of all these heavy (in more than one sense) books I like to read, or am too exhausted to read much, I pick up a Roald Dahl book I loved when I was 8, or read a fairytale I remember from when I was little. Though I'm often considered too old for Harry Potter, or fantasy/science fiction at all (mostly by people about my own age who think they are very grown-up and therefore do not read things like this, and look down at everyone who do), I still persuaded my parents to read Harry Potter, I still recommend Artemis Fowl and the like to everyone who like fantasy/science fiction, I still read fairytales with my brother (he's five years old) because I want to enjoy them with someone who loves them as much as I do.

If I ever stop reading books meant for younger audiences, please tell me I'm being childish, and show me this thread.

You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time.
The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it.

óNeil Gaiman

Thank you so much, lilyrose, for the lovely avatar and signature pictures!
Sponsored Links