View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2008, 2:19 am
Fourth Year

Re: Books you like but no one else has read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrangerHermione View Post
One book that comes to mind is The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine. It's not as popular as Ella Enchanted, but I found it to be a very good read. A bit cliche, with princesses and dragons and quests and wahtnot, but I enjoyed it a lot.
I read that! I thought it was really good. I enjoyed it a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonyMagic
Also, Witch Child by Celia Rees, based in Salem when witches and the Devil were greatly feared.
I've seen that, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I absolutely love the Salem Witchcraft Trials; It's one of my favorite points in history, besides the medieval/Renaissance/middle ages periods. Good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_dragons
The Host. It's actually really good, but no one that I know of has read it yet.
I read the prologue online, and the summary in a cover of one my friend has. It looks and sounds really good.

Anything by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is definitely on my favorite book list. She's such an amazing writer; I'm amazed that she doesn't have a bigger fanbase. The Abhorsen Series is also pretty good, and the Georgia Nichols(on?) books (which, if you knew me, the thought of me reading books like that would be either really funny or really scary), and the City of Ember books. I haven't read the last one yet, but I'm hoping that I will soon.

Oh! And Leven Thumps! The Leven Thumps books are awesome!

"Things are never quite as scary when you're with your best friend."
My deviantART page:

PROUD MEMBER OF OFINOA (Obsessed Fans In Need Of Avatar)
"Writers are an ornery lot, and apt to run off in the oddest directions when you give them an idea." -Bruce Coville
Sponsored Links