View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2008, 3:16 am
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingardium713 View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't think that is obvious at all. We know that the Potions Book in question is a NEWT level text book (Harry and Ron both had to purchase a copy when they were unexpectedly allowed to take the NEWT level Potions course).
The Levicorpus was written in the NEWT level book, a spell that James used on Snape during their OWLS. I think Snape already had that book; it may have belonged to his mother and he would have started on the NEWTS potions long before he started 6th year (he was supposed to know more curses than half the 7th years when he came to school) IMO.

Then it does become possible that Lily may have learnt from him. They were together in the holidays; it is not hard to think Lily and Snape may have discussed Snape's corrections, potions and other subjects in general IMO. It is not improbable to think that Lily may have used that potions knowledge in her NEWT year IMO.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links