View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2014, 8:05 am
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Remus John Lupin: Character Analysis

From the Severus Snape thread

Quote:
On this point, we'll just have to disagree. I believe Snape's motivations were (1) payback and vengeance against one of the Marauders; and (2) the fact that someone he deemed unacceptable - werewolf bigotry - got the job he wanted. In fact, his behavior in the Shrieking Shack only underscores both points.
I think Snape was well within his right to reveal Remus and make him leave Hogwarts. I believe so because of two reasons.

One was I think the fact Lupin did not reveal Sirius's animagus form to Dumbledore, even after Sirius had gotten into Gryffindor Tower. While Sirius was a friend of the past so was James Potter who also accepted the wolf, and I think Lupin's silence on this was rather unforgivable, and Snape would have seen it that way too.

Secondly I think that the fact Lupin forgot to take his potion was also unforgivable in Snape's eyes. he had seen in close quarters how frightening a werewolf could be and that Lupin transformed that night without the Potion, when he was near three students, would have made his negligence rather hard to let go.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links