View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2008, 10:34 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwickedboy View Post
However, I truly cannot understand how Snape felt that Lily would be impressed by him joining up with a group that was in the business of killing and/or disenfranchising/subjugating people like her.
Perhaps, because he never knew either. Regulus was another example of how he thought Voldmeort was all for the glory of the WW and wanted to fight for him. And I don't even think Snape thought of Lily a muggleborn; I think to him she was simply Lily.

Wicked, there was no on eto tell these kids that Voldmeort was not about glory, he was something else entirely.

Snape, comes from a home, where he is not even taught personal hygiene and is sorted into Slytherin, where most of them are old money and old family. Many of them, including the Malfoys and Blacks and many others from Slytherin had joined Voldemort, because everyone thought he was going to take the WW to greatness.

I think Snape wanted some of that greatness for himself, because he had had nothing.

Once he joined, there was no going back; he was marked and he was a DE until the end of time or until Voldemort or he died. Regulus too, joined and then he found that he could not get out; while I don't know if Snape tried to get out like Regulus, I think he had no choice except to do whatever Voldemort demanded him to.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links