View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2010, 4:05 am
Second Year

Re: Snape and Lily: Joint Character Analysis v.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
Lily was also concerned about the friends Snape had - people she felt were prejudiced junior DEs - and rightly so. I think it was just the straw that broke the camels' back. Lily had been friends with Severus for five years of her friends' objections -why should she suddenly decide to give up? I think that saying Lily was looking for an excuse minimises and trivialises the seriousness of throwing a racial epithet at one's best friend.
You make a good point there. IMO, Lily convinced herself tha, despite the fact Snape hung around the "junior DE's", he wasn't completely like them and he was better than Avery and Mulciber who practiced Dark Magic and called everyone "Mudblood". She was aware of Snape calling people that as well, but I suppose we don't really feel the full force of an insult until it's directed at us, so she kept convincing herself. I think it really hit her in the SWM incident that Snape was just another one of them and she really had been making excuses for him for too long.

Proud supporter of: HWRKDJCKQ. I have yet to figure out what that means.
Sponsored Links