View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2008, 5:50 pm
Second Year

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.8

wickedwickedboy
Quote:
Canon does not provide us with information about Snape's ability as a warrior, nor do we have even one example of him engaging another in a serious duel.
I think the duel between him, MacGonagall and Flitwick was quite serious, though, if a bit short. Flitwick was rumored to be a duel champion, I think Hermione mentions that in the second book. Considering this and the fact that Snape was one against two extremely capable and experienced wizards, I think he handled himself perfect.
As to who was more talented - Bella or Severus - unfortunately, canon does not tell us too much about Bella's abilities. It is possible that she was a better duelist. But who knows?
It is obvious, however, that Snape is a very gifted wizard, and his skill of Occlumency is so high that he is able to resist the best Legilimens that ever lived.

ignisia
Quote:
I'm interested, though. If you don't think that a wizard completely forgets the memories, what do you think takes place when someone puts a memory in a Pensieve?
That's a difficult question because I actually never thought about it! I like DeathlyH's version, though.

Last edited by Raelis; May 26th, 2008 at 5:57 pm.
Sponsored Links