View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2008, 4:48 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelis View Post
So, given that Harry was an inexperienced wizard and not particularly gifted at Occlumency, why on earth was Snape afraid of Harry breaking into his mind if even Voldemort himself wasn’t able to do it?
Snape says in Spinner's End that he considers Harry "mediocre", but he'd still have to be a fool not to notice that Harry is full of surprises. Remember the Parseltongue at the Duelling Club?
I think Snape hid the memories because there was a chance that Harry could surprise him again. He does, after all, mention Harry's skill at fighting the Imperius Curse and says that similar powers are needed for that. So it's not impossible for Harry to end up being a talented Legilimens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelis View Post
And why did Snape even need to use Occlumency in his encounters with Voldemort in the first place when all he needed to do was unload all the memories that could compromise him into the Pensieve?
Well, if Snape can access his own memories, I'm going to guess a Legilimens could. And if Snape couldn't remember all that important information, he could easily make a mistake.

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Sponsored Links