View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2011, 8:39 pm
Fifth Year

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.4

I didn't say or intend to say that Snape's Patronus was Lily's Patronus. I meant to say that Snape's Patronus was inspired by Lily in the same way that Harry's Patronus was inspired by James. To my way of thinking, to say that Snape's silver doe came from inside of him and had nothing to do with Lily is to say that Snape didn't love Lily and wasn't inspired by Lily. That would make Snape a liar and take away everything in canon that we have to explain why Snape did everything that he did to protect Harry: for love of Lily.

Also, I agree with Tenshi: when Snape said "for him?" and then conjured the doe Patronus, what I think he was saying was "no, not for him, for Lily, because you made me promise to protect the boy for Lily, and my other choice would have been going to Azkaban for being a Death Eater."

"You don't ever have to feel guilty about removing toxic people from your life. It doesn't matter whether someone is a relative, romantic interest, employer, childhood friend, or a new acquaintance--You don't have to make room for people who cause you pain or make you feel small. It's one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and *continues* to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go."
~Danielle Koepke~
~~~ ~~~
Sponsored Links