View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2014, 5:02 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsrule26 View Post
To my thinking Snapes mistreatment of Neville has more to do with Neville being from Gryffindor house than anything else . I feel that after the way Snape was himself mistreated by students from Gryffindor house ,that he would alway do whatever he could to give Gryffindor students a hard time. The fact that Neville could have been the chosen one, just makes us think he is singling Neville out more than others.
I feel that if you look at it from a different angle, his treatment of Neville although mean and abusive, helps Neville to grow up and become the tough leader he was at the end of book 7. In his own way he was the damaged man who helps the next gen. damaged kid become a man.
I don't see Snape's mistreatment of Neville in any way contributing to Neville's positive development. Snape belittled rather than helped or encouraged Neville which only served to make Neville more nervous and insecure. Neville's develoipment is more down to his friends and the support he found there. Neville's grandmother comments on how much help and kindness Neville got from Hermione for example. Snape gets no credit there in my book.

....I miss David Tennant....
Sponsored Links