View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2011, 7:25 pm
Second Year

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.6

In regards to why Snape treated Neville in the awful manner he did, maybe Snape just resented Neville for having not been the child LV intended to kill. I truly think it is a plausible possibility. And we all know Snape wasn't above disliking and acting spitefully toward people, and through no fault of their own. Did Neville's performance in Potions only add fuel to the fire? Sure. But from what we see in canon, we don't really see Snape acting in any different manner towards Neville. He never seems to give the poor kid a chance! So, yeah, I don't think Snape intended his maltreatment of Neville to be some form of guidance to make certain that Neville didn't turn out like Pettigrew. I find that theory to be a bit far-fetched and contrived, just as I feel the notion that Snape didn't have cruel intentions when he made his little comment of, "I see no difference," to Hermione to also be far-fetched. I don't know, but I just don't think Snape was that much of a nice guy. Nor do I think he really cared what kind of person his students generally grew up to be. That's just me though.

"Few of the birds Maester Aemon had returned as of yet. One found Stannis, though. One found Dragonstone, and a king who still cared."
Sponsored Links