Thread: Oscars 2011
View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:44 pm
Secret Keeper

Re: Oscars 2011

So perhaps this is pre-mature and I should ask this after Inception has been released...but does the Academy have a rule against multiple nominations for the same actor? Someone on the IMDB boards mentioned this and I guess I didn't realize this wasn't possible. In that case, I shall re-ask the question from above that nobody has yet answered

Quote:
So I just came across a comment that caught my attention and I don't know a whole lot about the Oscar selection process so I thought I'd see if anyone here knew...

Can this actually happen?

Quote:
I felt that he was excellent in Shutter Island (possibly his best and certainly Oscar-worthy); however, if "Inception" turns out to be a great film and he does well in it (which I don't doubt either), then he may in fact split his own votes come Oscar time
That doesn't seem fair. Potentially having 2 great performances could lessen his chances of winning for either? I thought it was the other way around, the more films the better the chances. So for the actresses then, Helen Mirren could potentially split her votes FOUR ways?

I've been wrongly sorted into Gryffindor!

Last edited by lcbaseball22; June 14th, 2010 at 10:50 pm.
Sponsored Links