View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2007, 4:03 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Remake Harry Potter

I am now on study leave, so after my exams I will finish my first draft of PS and edit it PROPERLY. (Can I emphasise that enough?)

Below is as far as I've got with the first draft:

Please don't say that it is exactly like the boook. I know it is. I just haven't got round to cutting it yet.:    

PS: Diagon AlleyEXT. DIAGON ALLEY - LATE MORNING
(CONTINUOUS ACTION) (1/8/1991)

It is a cobbled street packed with shops and shoppers. The sun relects of a Cauldron and brings Harry's eyes to the Cauldron shop. "Cauldrons - All Sizes - Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver - Self-Stirring - Collapsible" says the sign.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Yeah, you'll be needin' one, but we gotta get yer money first.

They pass an Apothecary...

APOTHECARY LADY
Dragon liver, sixteen Sickles an ounce, they're mad!

...and Eeylops Owl Emporium where the sign advertises "Tawny Screech, Barn, Brown, and Snowy". All these species snooze or hoot. From in or outside the shop. They pass another shop were boys admire a broomstick in the shops window...

QUIDDITCH BOY
Look! The new Nimbus Two Thousand - fastest ever -

RUBEUS HAGRID
Gringotts!

A snowy white building towers ahead. Two short creatures guard the doors.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
(Whisphering to Harry)
Yeah, those are goblins.

They make their way through the front door.

INT. GRINGOTTS FOYER - LATE MORNING

The doors shut behind them. Harry reaches for one of the the next doors, which are silver, but Hagrid shakes his head. Harry is just about to ask Hagrid why, when, suddenly, a voice is heard.

GRINGOTTS VOICE (V.O.)
Enter, stranger, but take heed, Of what awaits the sin of greed, For those who take, but do not earn, Must pay most dearly in their turn. So if you seek beneath our floors, A treasure that was never yours, Thief, you have been warned, beware Of finding more than treasure here.

As this is said, it is etched upon the doors. It stay there for a while, then fades.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Like I said, you'd be mad ter try an' rob it.

The doors open themselves.

INT. GRINGOTTS HALL - LATE MORNING

Two goblins bow them inside. Hagrid makes his way to one of the many counters.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Morning. We've come ter take some money outta Mr Harry Potter's safe.

GRINGOTTS GOBLIN
You have his key, sir?

RUBEUS HAGRID
Got it here somewhere.

And he empties a few pockets, searching. The goblin crinkles his nose when moudly dog-biscuts are put on his desk.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
(Holding up the key)
Got it.

The goblin takes it and examines it.

GRINGOTTS GOBLIN
That seems to be in order.

RUBEUS HAGRID
An' I've also got a letter here from Professor Dumbledore. It's about the You-Know-What in vault seven hundred and thirteen.

The goblin looks sideways at Hagrid, takes the letter, and skims it.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Very well. I will have someone take you down to both vaults. Griphook!

Another goblin makes his way forward. He signals them towards one of the doors to the side of the hall.

HARRY POTTER
What's the You-Know-What in vault seven hundred and thirteen?
RUBEUS HAGRID
Can't tell yeh that. Very secret. Hogwarts business. Dumbledore's trusted me. More'n my job's worth ter tell yeh that.

INT. HARRY'S VAULT - GRINGOTTS - LATE MORNING
(A LITTLE LATER) (1/8/1991)

Harry and Hagrid get out of the cart. Griphook unlocks the vault. Green smoke billows. It clears and suddenly Harry's face changes to shock and mounds of gold, silver and bronze can be seen.

RUBEUS HAGRID
All yours.
(He put some into a bag for Harry as Harry is too shocked)
The gold ones are Galleons. Seventeen silver Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle, it's easy enough. Right, that should be enough fer a couple o' terms, we'll keep the rest safe for yeh.

Hagrid hands the bag to Harry and the vault closes.

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Vault seven hundred and thirteen now, please.

INT. VAULT 713 - GRINGOTTS - LATE MORNING

It has no keyhole. Griphook arrives, followed by Harry and Hagrid.

GRIPHOOK
Stand back!

Griphook runs his finger over the door. The door melts away.

GRIPHOOK (CONT’D)
If anyone but a Gringotts goblin tried that, they'd be sucked through the door and trapped in there.

HARRY POTTER
How often do you check to see if anyone's inside?

GRIPHOOK
About once every ten years.

Harry looks anxiously into the vault, but it is empty. Hagrid holds a small, grubby package.

RUBEUS HAGRID
Come on, back in thus infernal cart.

They go back in the cart. Vault 713 reseals itself.

EXT. DIAGON ALLEY - LATE MORNING

RUBEUS HAGRID
Might as well get yer uniform.

He points to "Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions".

RUBEUS HAGRID (CONT’D)
Listen, Harry, would yeh mind if I slipped off fer a pick-me-up in the Leaky Cauldron? I hate them Gringotts carts.

Harry nods, and enters Malkin's alone.

INT. MADAM MALKIN'S ROBES FOR ALL OCCASIONS - LATE MORNING

A bell rings as he enters. Madam Malkin approaches Harry.

MADAM MALKIN
Hogwarts, dear? Got the lot here - another young man being fitted up just now, in fact.

Harry is prompted to the back of the shop where a pale, pointed faced boy (Draco Malfoy) is standing on a footstool, an employee pining the black robes he has over his normal clothes. Malkin puts a robe over Harry too, once he is on a second footstool.

DRACO MALFOY
Hello, Hogwarts too?

The boy speaks very proper, yet close to a sneer.

HARRY POTTER
Yes.

DRACO MALFOY
My father's next door buying my books and mother's up the street looking at wands. Then I'm going to drag them off to took at racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I'll bully father into getting me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow. Have you got your own broom?

HARRY POTTER
No.

DRACO MALFOY
Play Quidditch at all?

HARRY POTTER
(Confused)
Er - No.

DRACO MALFOY
I do - Father says it's a crime if I'm not picked to play for my house, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you'll be in yet?

HARRY POTTER
(Feeling stupid)
No.

DRACO MALFOY
Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll be in Slytherin, all our amily have been - imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?

HARRY POTTER
(Wishing to say more)
Mmmm.

DRACO MALFOY
I say, look at that man!

Hagrid is outside, holding two ice-creams.

HARRY POTTER
That's Hagrid. He works at Hogwarts.

DRACO MALFOY
Oh, I've heard of him. He's a sort of servant, isn't he? Yes, exactly. I heard he's a sort of savage - lives in a hut on the school grounds and every now and then he gets drunk, tries to do magic, and ends up setting fire to his bed.

HARRY POTTER
(Coldly)
I think he's brilliant.

DRACO MALFOY
Do you? Why is he with you? Where are your parents?

HARRY POTTER
They're dead.

DRACO MALFOY
(Not sounding like means it.)
Oh, sorry. But they were our kind, weren't they?

HARRY POTTER
They were a witch and wizard, if that's what you mean.

DRACO MALFOY
I really don't think they should let the other sort in, do you? They're just not the same, they've never been brought up to know our ways. Some of them have never even heard of Hogwarts until they get the letter, imagine. I think they should keep it in the old wizarding families. What's your surname, anyway?

But...

MADAM MALKIN
That's you done, my dear.

Harry hops off the stool, happy to leave.

Sponsored Links