View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2010, 2:20 pm
Conquering Reading Lists

Re: Book Communities Online - Goodreads, Shelfari etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaszka View Post
The Never-Ending Quiz on Goodreads is fatally addictive. I wasted about an hour and a half on there this morning, when I only thought I'd been doing it for about 10-15 minutes. I'm absolutely rubbish at it, as well.
Ooh me too! It's such a good way to waste time I've answered 190+ questions so far, I think Adding questions to it is fun as well.

I found something quite awesome in Goodreads yesterday when I went to 'Stats' via 'My Books'. It provides an excellent chart of all the books I've read every year from when I joined Goodreads along with my rating for those books. There's also a marker pointing out the 'longest book' I've read each year and a pie chart showing my 'top shelves'. It sums up years of reading in one page. So cool

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Sponsored Links