View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:36 pm
Sixth Year

Re: ABC Family's Version Of HP and the SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDeath View Post
Yes! They finally extended GOF! (Gof has been running on ABC family since summer 2008 but not extended). I was pleasantly surprised and elated last night when the school suddenly erupted into the Hogwarts song! Every single deleted scene on the DVD except for the extended Yule Ball Weird Sisters rock song/mosh pit scene, were edited fairly seamlessly into the movie proper. The deleted scenes make GOF a better movie, IMO, like the deleted scenes from COS make that movie better! You get a stronger sense that Voldemort is coming back, and it also embellishes Snape's backstory and character a little more which connects nicely to HBP.
I think the most important deleted scene that was added back in was when Harry, Ron, and Hermione were talking about the death of Crouch. When I first saw the movie, I was like "Why did Harry just prance up to Dumbledore's office and not say a word about Crouch?" Then I realized that you can hear Dumbledore say "a man has died". I could hardly hear it! Having the scene back really helps the movie. You hear Ron specifically mention Crouch is dead, and Hermione says you should go to Dumbledore, so it makes sense why he randomly goes there.

Oh, and yes, I am glad too the extended Yule Ball scene was not put in. It would have made the movie WAY to draggy.

“These are dark times, there is no denying. Our world has perhaps faced no greater threat than it does today. But I say this, to our citizenry: WE, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry, remains, strong!”
Sponsored Links