View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2013, 4:48 pm
Snidget of Champions

Re: Do Quidditch through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts have a chance to become movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimeldaDursley View Post
Hey, you beat me to it! My thread about this is under moderation, just had the link in it. I am kinda excitred about this!
I just remember this thread from a while ago (dates from 2008-2011!) and that I had always meant to post in it - I'm glad I now have the reason to! It's interesting, though, to see that in over 3 pages the majority of users do not see adapting these textbooks into films. Even more interesting is that the announcement indicates that Fantastic Beasts will not just be a film/documentary, but a film series: "It is planned as the first picture in a new film series." So it looks like we may get a "Newt Scamander and the Traveling Kettle", and on from there. I'm curious how it will succeed. Just that it is steeped in J.K. Rowling's influence and in the Harry Potter world will likely lead to some success, but unless she can make Newt and his adventures just as alluring Harry and his on-screen, it may fade quickly.

I always expected a TV miniseries or the like with Fantastic Beasts and Quidditch, so this is very surprising. But I'm very excited to gain some new information about the wizarding world, even if in the context of Newt Scamander's life.

A Place to Gather Post-Closing: Please check out the unofficial CoS Students LiveJournal page to keep in touch with CoS members after the forums close: http://cos-students.livejournal.com
WalnutFirebolt138
Sponsored Links