View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2007, 8:20 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Harry Potter Remakes

Okay so I was asked to contribute to this thread. I have a script that I've done for HBP (Three versions actually and I need to do a forth) I'm just going to warn you guys...this was done BEFORE DH was released and I cut out some things that ends up being important later lol. See how bad I am at figuring things out lol. Regardless I wrote this 3rd draft at the beginning of this year and when I rewrite it ALOT of things are going to change, but for now I thought it'll be fun to show where my mind was, what I thought was important or not and I would love to hear you guys opinion. So here is the beginning of my 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' screenplay. Notice that there is NO Spinners End so don't kill me cause in 2 out of the 3 versions I have it's there

Fade In:

EXT. SHACK IN THE HILLS-NIGHT

The Camera pans in towards a dark shack atop a mountain. Rain falls violently as a flash of lightening come across the screen. The camera cranes towards a window and we see the shadow of a man moving around quickly.

INT. SHACK-NIGHT

The camera pans through the window and we see the back of the man who closes his briefcase quickly. He turns around and we see that it is Igor Karkaroff, the head of Durmstrang. He looks down and there is a shot of the DARK MARK on his arm that he covers up quickly. He runs quickly to grab his bags and there is a noise and he stops suddenly. All we hear is thunder and the rain beating outside and then BAM the door flies open. Karkaroff jumps back in horror as 3 hooded figured walk slowly into the shack.

KARKAROFF
GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!

PERSON UNDER THE HOOD
Now Igor, do you think its wise to greet your master this way?

The person pulls back his hood and reveals himself to be LORD VOLDEMORT

KARKAROFF
My Lord, you…you have returned…

VOLDEMORT
Don’t act as if you didn’t know Igor, the signs have been strong since my return two years ago. Yet…you never returned…

KARKAROFF
My Lord, I didn’t know..I didn’t….

VOLDEMORT
CRUCIO!!!!!

Karkaroff falls over in pain, screaming in agony.

VOLDEMORT
Surely you knew this day would come Igor. Do you honestly think you could avoid me forever?

(He looks down to Karkaroff whimpering on the floor)

Pathetic, what you have become. At first I was going to send others to kill you, but I realized…who else to dispose of the traitor than me?

KARKAROFF
No…no please…

VOLDEMORT
You should’ve remained loyal to your master Karkaroff. AVADA KADAVRA!

A flash of green light shoots out of his wand and Karkaroff falls over dead. Voldemort walks over and pushes him with his foot..

VOLDEMORT
Tragic.

(He turns to the other 2 Death Eaters)

Now come my friends, there’s much to do. The mission begins soon and we must make sure that…he’s ready to do his job.

The DEATH EATERS and LORD VOLDEMORT exit the shack and Voldemort stops and looks up. He points his wand up at the sky.

VOLDEMORT
MORSMORDRE!

A flash shoots from the wand and BOOM the DARK MARK appears over the shot. There is a flash and the scene cuts to…

INT. HARRY’S ROOM/HALLWAY-NIGHT

The scene cuts to a shot of a window. The camera pans around the room onto a newspaper where we see the heading Harry Potter: The Chosen One? It then zooms to the newspaper clipping next to it that has Scrimgeour Succeeds Fudge as the heading. The camera then pans over past Hedwig in her cage to the bed where we see Harry laying down looking at the ceiling. We hear the doorbell ring from downstairs and we see Harry jump up with excitement, grab his glasses, and rushes out the door. The scene cuts to Uncle Vernon rushing angrily towards the door with a shotgun.)

UNCLE VERNON
Who the blazes is calling at this time of night!

He opens the door quickly with the gun drawn and we see Dumbledore standing there. We then see Harry run down the stairs and stop at the foot of them staring at Uncle Vernon and Dumbeldore.

DUMBLEDORE
You must be Mr. Dursley. Judging by your look of stunned disbelief, and your gun in my face, (he glances up at Harry) Harry did not warn you that I was coming. However let us assume that you have lowered your gun and invited me warmly into your home. It is unwise to linger overlong on doorsteps in these troubled times.

Uncle Vernon lowers his gun and we see Harry laugh as Dumbledore walks into their house and Harry continues to walk down the stairs.

DUMBLEDORE
Ah, good evening Harry…

Both Petunia and Dudley walk out of the kitchen into the hallway

UNCLE VERNON
I don’t mean to be rude….

DUMBLEDORE
Yet, sadly, accidental rudeness occurs alarmingly often. Best to say nothing at all, my dear man. Ah, and this must be Petunia and this must be your son, Dudley?

Vernon, Petunia, and Dudley all look at each other nervously and then back at Dumbledore without saying anything.

HARRY
Should I go and get my things first sir…

DUMBLEDORE
In a moment Harry, there are a few matters that must be discussed first. I would prefer not to do so in the open so we shall trespass upon your aunt and uncle’s hospitality a little longer.

UNCLE VERNON
You will, will you?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I shall. Now lets assume you have invited me into your sitting room.

Dumbledore smiles at them and walks into the living room followed by Harry. The Dursleys look at each other and then follow slowly.

INT. DURSLEY’S LIVING ROOM-NIGHT

DUMBLEDORE
Hope you don’t mind, but we may as well be comfortable.

Dumbledore pulls out his wand and flicks it. The sofa zooms forward and knocks the knees from under the Dursleys and they collasp on the couch. The sofa then zooms back to where it was originally. We see a shot of Dumbledore’s hand, which has blackened.

HARRY
What happened to your…?

DUMBLEDORE
Later Harry. Have a seat please. I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshments.

Dumbledore flicks his wand again and 5 glasses filled with a drink appear. The glasses float to everyone in the room. Vernon and Petunia cast each other a nervous look as Dumbledore and Harry grab there glasses and toast each other. The Dursleys ignore the glasses and the glasses just nudge them on the side of their heads.

DUMBLEDORE
Now Harry, The Order of the Phoenix has run into a difficult situation. Sirius’s will was discovered and it seems that he left you everything he owned.

UNCLE VERNON
His godfather’s dead?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes…now…One problem is that Sirius also left you number twelve, Grimmauld Place.

UNCLE VERNON
He’s been left a house? How…how…

HARRY
(ignoring Vernon)
You can keep using it as headquarters. You can have it… I don’t really want it.

DUMBLEDORE
That is generous. We have, however, vacated the building temporarily.

HARRY
Why?

DUMBLEDORE
Sirius was the very last of the line as his younger brother, Regulus, predeacesed him and both were childless. It is possible that some spell or enchantment has been set to ensure it cannot be owned by anyone other than a pureblood. If this is so, it is passed down to the eldest of Sirius’s living relatives, his cousin Bellatrix Lestrange.

HARRY
(Harry jumps up suddenley)
Bellatrix Lestrange! Sirius’s killer, inherit the house? No! How can we find out if I’m allowed to own it?

DUMBLEDORE
There is a simple test…

UNCLE VERNON
WILL YOU GET THESE RUDDY THINGS OFF US!!!

The camera shows the three Dursleys waving their hands above their heads trying to keep the glasses away as the glasses continue nudging them.

DUMBLEDORE
Oh, I’m so sorry.
(He raises and flicks his wand and the glasses disappear.)
It would have been better manners to drink it, you know. Now you see Harry, if you have indeed inherited the house, you also inherited..

He flicks his wands and Kreacher appears in the middle of the room. Aunt Petunia lets out a loud scream; Dudley jumps up on the couch.

UNCLE VERNON
What the hell is that!?!?

DUMBLEDORE
Kreacher.

KREACHER
KREACHER WON’T! KREACHER WON’T! KREACHER WON’T GO TO THE POTTER BRAT! KREACHER BELONGS TO MISS BELLATRIX!

DUMBLEDORE
As you can see Harry, Kreacher is showing a certain (He looks at Kreacher and he covers his ears and starts to run around the room yelling ‘Don’t’ as the Dursleys scream as well.) reluctance to pass into your ownership.

HARRY
I don’t care...I don’t want him.

DUMBLEDORE
You would prefer him to pass into the ownership of Bellatrix Lestrange? Bear in mind that he has lived at the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix for the past year.

KREACHER
WON’T WON’T WON’T!!!!!!

HARRY
Kreacher, shut up!

Kreacher grabs his throat and throws himself to the floor.

DUMBLEDORE
Well that simplifies matters. It seems that Sirius knew what he was doing. You are the rightful owner of number twelve Grimmauld Place and of Kreacher.

The camera shows Kreacher thrashing around on the floor in silence.

HARRY
Do I have to keep him?

DUMBLEDORE
Not if you don’t want too, you could send him to Hogwarts to work in the kitchen with the other house elves that work there. That way the other house elves could keep an eye on him.

HARRY
Good, Kreacher I want you to go to Hogwarts and work in the kitchens there with the other house elves.

Kreacher stands up, frowns, and vanishes.

DUMBLEDORE
Good. (He turns to the Dursleys) Now one last thing… As you will no doubt be aware, Harry comes of age in a year’s time…

AUNT PETUNIA
No, he doesn’t. He’s a month younger than Dudley, and Dudders doesn’t turn eighteen until the year after next.

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, but in the Wizarding world, we come of age at seventeen.

UNCLE VERNON
Now that’s a load of….

DUMBLEDORE
(Dumbledore raises his finger up for silence and Vernon obliges.)
Now, as you already know, the wizard called Lord Voldemort has returned to this country. With a letter I explained about his parents murder and expressing the hope that you would care for him as though he was your own. You did not do as I asked. The best that can be said is that he has at least escaped the appalling damage you have infliced upon your son…

AUNT PETUNIA
What do you mean damage?

UNCLE VERNON
Us…mistreat Dudders? What d’you…

DUMBLEDORE
Silence please! The magic I evoked fifteen years ago means that Harry has powerful protection while he can still call this house ‘home.’ This magic will cease to operate the moment that Harry turns seventeen. I ask only this, that you allow Harry to return, once more, to this house, before his seventeenth birthday, which will ensure that the protection continues until that time.

Vernon looks as though he wants to say something in protest.

DUMBLEDORE
Now, Harry get your things and Petunia if you don’t mind I’d love to look at one of your muggle magazines, I do love knitting patterns.

He looks at Petunia and she looks at him and the scene fades to…

I'll keep it going until Diagon Alley, then I'm taking a break lol

EXT. PRIVET DRIVE-NIGHT

Harry and Dumbledore are walking down the street.

DUMBLEDORE
You have not, of course, passed your Apparition Test.

HARRY
No sir, I thought you had to be seventeen?

DUMBLEDORE
You do, so you will need to hold on to my arm very tightly. (Harry grabs Dumbledore’s arm) Very good, well here we go.

They disapper off of Privet Drive and we see them fly off as if they’re in a fast tunnel made of light.. A look of horror fills Harrys face as everything went black as they were shifting from left to right. They then land and Harry see’s that they are standing in a yard. The camera pans back slowly to show them standing in front of “THE BURROW” the Weasleys’ home.

EXT. THE BURROW- NIGHT

They begin to walk towards the house.

DUMBLEDORE
Now Harry you have not asked me, what my favorite flavor of jam is. How do you know I’m not an imposter?

HARRY
Oh...I…um…Sherbert Lemon?

DUMBLEDORE
(Chuckles)
Good guess, but it was raspberry. Also I am pleased and a little proud at how well you seem to be coping after everything that happened at the Ministry. It was cruel that you and Sirius had such a short time together.

HARRY
It’s just hard you know? To realize he won’t be there, But while I was at the Dursley’s, I realized I can’t shut msyelf away or crack up; Sirius wouldn’t have wanted that would he? People are dying; it could be me next, couldn’t it? And if it is, I’ll make sure I take as many Death Eaters with me as I can, and Voldemort too if I can manage it.

DUMBLEDORE
Spoken both like your mother and father’ son and Sirius’s true godson!

HARRY
(Noticing Dumbledore’s blackened hand once again)
Professor…what happened to you…

DUMBLEDORE
There’s no time to explain it now, it is a thrilling tale, I wish to do it justice. Now on to another subject.
(He stops walking and grabs Harry’s shoulder)
Firstly, I wish you to keep your Invisibility Cloak with you at all times from this moment forward, do you understand?

HARRY
Yes sir…

DUMBLEDORE
And…It is my wish that you take private lessons with me this year.

HARRY
Private…! With you? Really?

DUMBLEDORE
Yes, I think it is time that I took a great hand in your education.

HARRY
What will you be teaching me, sir?

DUMBLEDORE
(airily)
Oh, a little of this, a little of that.

HARRY
(laughs)
Does that mean I don’t have to take Occlumency lessons with Snape?

DUMBLEDORE
Professor Snape, Harry, and no you will not!

HARRY
Good, because they were a load of….

DUMBLEDORE
(He holds up his finger)
I think the word ‘fiasco’ would be a good one here.

Dumbledore and Harry laughs and

INT. THE BURROW-RON’S BEDROOM-EARLY MORNING

The scene fades to a shot of Harry sleeping. He stirs a bit and sits up and look across the room at Ron sleeping. As Harry yawns we hear

MRS. WEASLEY
BREAKFAST IS READY!!!!!

Ron stirs and Harry steps out of bed.

HARRY
Ron, hey Ron wake up
(Ron mumbles sleepily under his breath. Harry looks away smiles and turns around suddenly and screams)
SPIDERS!!!!

Ron jumps around frantically in panic and Harry falls on his bed in laughter.

RON
THAT WASN’T FUNNY ‘ARRY!!

Harry continues to laugh as the scene cuts to

INT. THE BURROW-KITCHEN-MOMENTS LATER

Mrs. Weasley and Hermione cutting vegatbles together as Harry and Ron walk slowly down the stairs.

MRS. WEASLEY
(Turning around)
Good morning Harry dear, it’s great to see you.

HARRY
You too Mrs. Weasley

HERMIONE
Harry!
(She runs up to him and hugs him)

HARRY
Hey Hermione

RON
(sitting down at the table.)
Has dad made it home yet?

MRS. WEASLEY
No, he’s a tiny bit late

(She takes a look up at the family clock where all faces are pointing towards “Mortal Peril” now.)

RON
It’s been like that for a while, ever since You-Know-Who’ came back into the open.

BILL WEASLEY and GINNY both sleepily walks in as he says this and goes to the sink

BILL
Well, this must be Harry Potter!

MRS. WEASLEY
Ah Harry yes, dear this is my other son Bill

HARRY
Nice to finally meet you!

GINNY
Hiya Harry

HARRY
(Smiles)
Ginny…hey…

MRS. WEASLEY
Good Ginny dear could you help me with the vegetables please…?

BILL
So was the trip here okay….?

HARRY
Yeah I was with Dumbledore.

BILL
Good man Dumbledore…

HARRY
Yeah…so where are Fred and George?

RON
They’re raking in the Galleons! They have a new shop in Diagon Alley, we should be going there later…

MRS. WEASLEY
I must say I didn’t approve of it at first, but they do seem to have a flair for business. Oh!

(Mr. Weasley’s hand on the clock moves from ‘Mortal Peril’ to traveling)

Your fathers on his way kids!

Mrs. Weasley waves her hand and the bread she was cutting flies on all the plates on the table.

BILL
So am I right in saying you’re going to make it to the wedding Harry?

HARRY
Wedding?

RON
I forgot to tell you, Bill here is getting married. Remember Fluer?

HARRY
Delacour? I competed in the Tri Wizard tournament with her? Nice!

All the guys laugh and nod in approval and the three women at the counter all turn around towards them, make a noise of disgust, and turn back around.

HARRY
So how is that?

BILL
Oh it’s really good.

GINNY
Yeah it seems my dear brother has ended up with a nice cow for the family.

RON
Ginny and Mum don’t like that much, they think they’ve rushed the whole thing.

(He looks at Hermione who has just sitten down and starts reading the Daily Prophet)

So anyone we know dead?

MRS. WEASLEY
RONALD WEASLEY!!!!

RON
What!?!

HERMIONE
There have been another couple of dementor attacks and…oh no!

(The camera pans over her shoulder to show the Shack from the beginning of the film with the Dark Mark hanging over it)

They’ve found Igor Karkoroff’s body in a shack up north with the Dark Mark set over it!

HARRY
The head of Durmstrang?

MRS. WEASLEY
The very same, I’m surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters.

GINNY
There’ve been a lot of dissappearences too Harry.

RON

Yeah like Ollivander the wandmaker

(There is a knock on the door and everyone looks at it in silence.)

MRS. WEASLEY
Arthur, is that you?

MR. WEASLEY
(from outside the door)
Yes, but I would say that even if I were a Death Eater. Ask the question!

MRS. WEASLEY
Oh, honestly Arthur.
(Sighs)
What is your dearest ambition?

MR. WEASLEY
To find out how airplanes stay up and now Molly, what do you like me to call you when we’re alone together?

MRS. WEASLEY
(She looks over her shoulders and see’s the kids looking at her. She gives a nervous chuckle and with a frantic whisper she says..)
Mollywobbles.

MR. WEASLEY
Correct, now you can let me in.

(The door opens and Mr. Weasley walks in and kisses his wife and sits down his briefcase.)

MR. WEASLEY
Harry, I didn’t know you were here already. Everything alright?

HARRY
Yes sir

MR. WEASLEY
Well I ran into a few owls on the way and I have a nice little treat for you lot.
(He pulls out of his pocket a stack of mail.)
O.W.L. results are in!

HERMIONE
(She jumps up in excitement)
Are they here already! Feels like I’ve been waiting ages!

Hermione, Ron, and Harry all take there letters from Mr. Weasley and proceeds to open them on the spot.

HARRY
I only failed Divination and History of Magic, and who cares about them?

RON
(Taking a look at Harry’s)
I knew you’d be top at Defense Against the Dark Arts. We’ve done all right, haven’t we? We’re N.E.W.T. students now!

MRS WEASLEY
Well done!

HARRY
And look at this…we don’t have to take Potions anymore. No more Snape…this day is great already!

GINNY
Hermione? How did you do?

HERMIONE
Oh, I….not bad.

RON
Like you had anything to worry about in the first place.

HERMIONE
(She gives Ron a stern look and notices something hanging out of Harry’s envelope)
Well look at this.
(She takes it out and stares at it.)
Seems as if Harry is Quidditch captain this year!

RON
Wow! Congrats Harry! …

HARRY
Thanks…

GINNY
Now all you have to do is break it to Ron early that he doesn’t have a chance on the team…

RON
Funny…

MRS. WEASLEY
Don’t’ forget that we are traveling to Diagon Alley later…

MR. WEASLEY
Don’t expect it to be the same Harry, its nearly completely empty now. The scare of You-Know-Who’s return has changed a lot of things. Now can I have a few more sausages dear..?

The camera zooms in on Harry looking at everyone eat and give a slight smile as the scene fades to

Last edited by Phrozenone; September 30th, 2007 at 8:39 pm.
Sponsored Links