View Single Post
Old September 27th, 2007, 6:38 am
Too... Much... Fangirling...

Re: Fan Scripts: Harry Potter Remakes

It took me a while to find this thread, I hope people are reading it.

Well I am not so happy with my original script, so I decided to start again...

NEW SCRIPT - PS: Whisphers (The Boy Who Lived)
1 – EXT. GREY CLOUDS

GREY CLOUDS form, and a LOUD, HOARSE, HARSH voice is heard:

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord…

But the voice is CUT OFF with another voice, HIGH and COLD, and a GREEN LIGHT FILLS THE SCREEN.

VOLDEMORT
Avada Kedavra!

SYBILL TRELAWNEY
…approaches.

And as the CLOUDS RETURN, the TITLE ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ FILLS THE SCREEN.

THE CLOUDS PART and a SIMPLE SUBURBAN HOUSE can be seen, baked on by the BRIGHT SUN. A CAT walks INTO FRAME and sits on the house’s BRICK FENCE. The title FADES leaving a shot of the house…

2 - INT. 4 PRIVET DRIVE – MORNING – 1/11/1981

…which CUTS to a CLOSE UP SHOT of an EXTREMELY BORING TIE. The camera ZOOMS OUT to see the REFLECTION of VERNON DURSLEY, a man in his EARLY 20S, in the KITCHEN MIRROR. The MIRRORED VERSION of Vernon smiles to himself. He picks up his SUITCASE and walks over to his wife, PETUNIA DURSLEY, also in her EARLY 20S. The KISS ON THE CHECK he gives her is VIEWED THROUGH THE MIRROR. Petunia notices the mirror and looks at herself and Vernon through it smiling.

A CLATTER and a SPLATTER…

DUDLEY DURSLEY
Shan’t!

1-YEAR-OLD DUDLEY DURSLEY has dropped his BOWL OF CEREAL in protest. Petunia rushes over to help and the CAMERA FLIES OUT of the room, past the cat still sitting on the brick wall, watch Vernon get into his CAR, past the many OWLS now circulating the sky…

3 - EXT/INT. SURREY – MORNING – 1/11/1981

…and to the odd people DRESSED IN CLOAKS…

CLOAKED PERSON 1
The Potters, that’s right, that’s what I heard…

CLOAKED PERSON 2
…yes, their son, Harry…

…who MOVE to show Vernon in his car, WINDOWS DOWN, face covered with DREAD, SHOCK and FEAR. He suddenly realises the LIGHTS ARE GREEN, that there is A LARGE GAP IN FRONT OF HIM and that PEOPLE ARE BEEPING THEIR HORNS AT HIM, and continue to drive.

And I thought that was short! I didn't realise how long it was.

Going to delete...something.
---
Have deleted the seemingly useless 'cut script' and have put what was cut in red in the 'uncut' script. But still, I can hardly see that slidy thing on the side of the page.
---
And my 'script outline', it doesn't serve any purpose.

Last edited by ArryGrotter; October 4th, 2007 at 10:07 pm. Reason: Fieldset
Sponsored Links