Thread: Jodi Picoult
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2012, 5:46 am
Mrs Gilbert Grape

Re: Jodi Picoult

Nineteen Minutes turned out just as Salem Falls. I wasn't the least bit impressed and I don't think I was won over by her writing. I will admit she had an intriguing concept with this story, but it immediately went down the drain when she jumps back and forth between time frames. I found it really annoying how the chapters jumped back and forth from memories, I found it sloppy and all over the place. I also couldn't help but notice all the similies she throws in on practically every paragraph. She also weighs heavily on sterotypes throughout this book. In the back of the book it has a question and answer session, and she claims to have "researched" this story with actual school shootings that occurred, but it didn't quite seem like it. I don't know whether or not I will eventually pursue Tenth Circle, but I know I'm not going to read that next. Unfortunately I lost faith in hoping she'd be an author I'd grow to like.

Johnny Depp at the Dark Shadows Premiere.
Photo courtesy from twitpik.com
Johnny Depp is my possession, and no one else's, however much they might think so and claim....
Sponsored Links