Thread: Jodi Picoult
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2011, 1:17 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Jodi Picoult

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryDice View Post
I've just read Handle With Care, and while I enjoyed the story itself, and the characters, I was disappointed with the ending.
Spoiler: show
It just seemed too similar to the ending to My Sister's Keeper, which was so sad, but it seemed to fit well with the story. Here, it just didn't seem right. It seemed jarring, and, I suppose, a bit repetitive.
Spoiler: show
I found the ending really jarring as well, I mean it took me by surprise, definitely didn't see it coming but was it really necessary? I think it had the problem of making most of the story and everything they fought for seem kind of irrelevant too if that makes sense. But it is one of my favourites of hers because the rest of the book is brilliant, and I think it's a good sign that I found the ending as upsetting as I did because it meant I'd come to care about Willow strongly.

I read Sing You Home recently and absolutely loved it! Think it's become one of my favourites of hers I loved the relationship between the two characters, and I loved the inclusion of music therapy and finding out more about that. The soundtrack really fitted with the book as well and added to the experience, I thought that was a brilliant move

I think her recent books have been my favourites so far, House Rules, Handle With Care and Sing You Home. Recently I read Picture Perfect and Second Glance for the first time and have to say I was disappointed with them.

Proud Pottermore and CoS Hufflepuff!
Sponsored Links