View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:39 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArryGrotter View Post
I didn't have time to read this yesterday, so...

I like how you moved the aftermath of the Penseive into the Penseive (Though I do miss "The mouth organ was only ever a mouth organ")

And next comes some of my favourite scenes, though I am dissapointed with the scene move (Herbology>Courtyard, etc.) and that is sure to happen in the real HBP.

This is just personal choice, but in the UK ed, Ron/Hermione say "got off with McClaggen" instead of "hook up with McClaggen" and, IMO, I'd preferr "got off", mainly because its the UK way.

"Look at the time" was so cheesy! Worst line ever!

I can't wait to see you write the party.

Oh come on! It isn't as cheesy as 'I love magic' is it?!?! lol Well what's a Harry Potter film without a little cheese huh? Thanks for the UK reference because I honestly have no idea (Like Kloves huh? )

Since it's the holiday season I decided instead of waiting another month I'd post the party scene for you enjoyment. Plus I have to make up time since I disappeared for a few months lol. So here is the next section of the script and I'm sure you're going to have plenty of comments for this one lol. (Hopefully it's not full of cheese )

INT-CORRIDOR/GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM-NIGHT (SAME DAY)

Harry walking down the corrider leaving Detention with Snape. He walks into the common room and we see Ginny walk up towards him from the crowd in the middle of the room.

HARRY
Hey Ginny. Have you seen…

GINNY
Looking for Ron? He’s over there, the filthy hypocrite.

Ron and Lavender Brown are sitting in a chair kissing heavily

GINNY
It looks like he’s eating her face, but I suppose he’s got to refine his technique somehow huh?

Harry chuckles as Ginny walks off to join Dean as Hermione comes through the portrait into the common room and see’s Ron and Lavender and stops in her tracks. She turns around quickly and walks out. Harry looks over at where she was and follows.

INT-CLASSROOM-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Harry walks into the classroom where Hermione is sitting alone. She has a small ring of yellow birds circling her head.

HARRY
Hermione?

HERMIONE
Oh, hello Harry. I was just practicing.

HARRY
They’re really good.

HERMIONE
Thanks…

HARRY
Are you alright?

Before she could answer the door opens and Ron and Lavender run in holding hands and laughing.

RON
Oh….

LAVENDER
Oops

She laughs, kisses Ron, and walks out of the room.

There is an awkward silence for a second.

RON
Hi, Harry! Wondered where you’d got to!

Hermione stands up and the birds are still circling her head.

HERMIONE
You shouldn’t leave Lavender waiting outside.

(She walks slowly towards the door. Harry and Ron both look at each other. Hermione stops at the entrance of the door and turns around.)

Oppugno!!!

She points her wand at Ron and the birds all sped towards Ron and start pecking and clawing at him. He starts to scream and try and get them out of his face. She smiles a little and walks out of them room.

INT-THE GREAT HALL-DAY

Ron and Harry are sitting in the Great Hall. Harry is reading a book. While Ron is talking its clear that Harry is ignoring him.

RON
She can’t complain she snogged Krum. I never promised Hermione anything. I mean, alright, I was going to go to Slughorns Christmas party with her, but just as friends…I’m a free agent.

INT-GREAT HALL-LATER THAT DAY

The camera pans over and now it’s just Harry and Hermione sitting in the Great Hall. He’s reading his Advanced Potions book.

HERMIONE
He’s at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes! I really couldn’t care less.

She starts to write something furiously on the parchment in front of her.

INT. POTIONS CLASS (DAY)/GREAT HALL(AFTERNOON)/CORRIDOR(NIGHT)

The camera cuts to them in class and we see a shot of Ron and Lavender. He raises his hand mocking how Hermione always does. Harry looks at this then turns to look at Hermione who gets up and walks out of the room furiously.

Now Ron and Harry are sitting in the Great Hall eating dinner and Hermione comes over and throws a pie in Rons face and storms off.

The scene cuts again to Harry and Hermione walking down the hallways of Hogwarts.

HERMIONE
Harry, you need to be careful.

HARRY
I’m not giving the book back Hermione.

HERMIONE
I’m not talking about your stupid so-called Prince Harry. I went into the girl’s bathroom just before I came in here and I overheard Romilda Vane talking to some of her friends. They’re all hoping you’re going to take them to Slughorn’s party, and they all seem to have bought Fred and George’s love potions.. I’d just invite someone to go with if I was you.

HARRY
There isn’t anyone I want to invite.

HERMIONE
Well just be careful what you drink.

INT-MOVING STAIRWAY-SECONDS LATER

They start walking up the stairs towards the Common Room.

HARRY
Hang on, I thought Filch banned anything bought at Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes? How come these girls are able to bring love potions into school?

HERMIONE
Fred and George send them disguised as perfumes and cough potions.

HARRY
So if these girls are getting stuff into the school disguised as something else, why wouldn’t Malfoy have…

HERMIONE
Oh Harry please, not that again. Secrecy Sensors detect jinxes, curses, and concealment charms. They’re used to find Dark Magic and Dark objects. Love potions aren’t Dark or dangerous…

HARRY
Easy for you to say…

(They stop in front of the Fat Lady)

Baubles!

FAT LADY
Same to you…

The portrait swings open they walk into the common room and Romilda Vane looks up at them and turns to grab something from one of her friends and runs up to them.

ROMILDA
Hi Harry! Fancy a gillywater?

Hermione casts an ‘I told you so’ look to Harry.

HARRY
No thanks; I don’t like it much.

ROMILDA
Well, take these anyway
(She thrusts a box into his hands.)
Chocolate Cauldrons, they’ve got firewhisky in them. My gran sent them to me, but I don’t like them.

HARRY
Oh, thanks a lot.

Romilda smiles and walks back to her group of giggling friends

HERMIONE
Pathetic what some girls would do for a boy. Oh well I’m off to do more things to make Ron jealous.

As she walks away Harry casts an “I don’t think I’ll ever understand girls” look and

INT-BRIDGE-MIDDAY

The scene cuts to shot of Hogwarts covered in snow. Harry standing outside on the bridge with Hedwig and we see him looking at Ginny and Dean playing in the snow together.

HARRY
Am I being pathetic Hedwig, I mean she’s my best friends sister. How do you think Ron would react?
(Hedwig hoots)
Yeah you’re right…I mean she’s like a little sister, but there seems to be something…more.
(Hedwig hoots and Luna walks up next to him.)

LUNA
Hiya Harry!

HARRY
Oh hey Luna, how has your term been going?

LUNA
Oh it’s been all right. A bit lonely without the D.A. Ginny’s been nice, though and I just ran into Hermione, she seems a bit upset. She said something about that Ron Weasley….

HARRY
Yeah, they’ve had a row.

LUNA
He says very funny things sometimes, doesn’t he? But he can be a bit unkind, I noticed that last year.

HARRY
I suppose. Hey…Luna…how would you like to come to Slughorn’s party with me?

LUNA
(shocked)
Slughorn’s party? With you?

HARRY
Yeah. We’re supposed to bring guests, so I thought you might like…I mean just as friends, you know? But if you don’t want to…

LUNA
Oh, no, I’d love to go with you as friends! Nobody’s ever asked me to a party before, as a friend!

HARRY
Right, so I’ll meet you in the entrance hall at eight o’ clock then.

Luna smiles and skips off and …

INT-THE GREAT HALL-EVENING

The scene cuts to them in the Great Hall where there are Christmas decorations set up and a few elves singing Christmas songs.

RON
You’re taking Loony Lovegood!

GINNY
Don’t call her that Ron! I’m really glad you’re taking her Harry, she’s so excited.

(She walks over and sits with Dean and we see a shot of Hermione sitting down by herself at the end of the table. Parvati walks up to them.)

PARVATI
Hi, Harry.

HARRY
Hey, you’re staying at Hogwarts then? I heard your parents wanted you to leave.

PARVATI
I managed to talk them out of it for the time being.
(Hermione walks past them.)
Oh, hi Hermione!

HERMIONE
Hi, Parvati! Are you going to Slughorn’s party tonight?

PARVATI
No invite, you’re going aren’t you?

HERMIONE
Yes, I’m meeting Cormac McLaggen at eight.

(We see a shot of Ron turning around furiously and looking at her.)

PARVATI
Oh really? Are you going out with him, then?

HERMIONE
Oh…yes…didn’t you know?

PARVATI
No! Wow, you like your Quidditch players don’t you? First Krum, then McLaggen…

HERMIONE
I like really good Quidditch players.
(Ron frowns and furiously starts to eat his food)
Well I’m off to the library.
(She walks off and we see her smile and the scene cuts to…

INT. SLUGHORNS PARTY-NIGHT

The scene cuts to Slughorns party. There are teachers and students walking around and talking to each other. The camera pans to Harry and Luna walking into the room and Slughorn walks up to them

SLUGHORN
Harry, mboy! Welcome welcome. I’m glad to see you here!

HARRY
Yeah, thanks.
(He notices Hermione over in the corner.)
Oh, sorry sir I have to go see about a friend.
(He grabs Luna’s arm and they walk over to Hermione.)
Hermione?

HERMIONE
Harry! Thank goodness, Hi Luna!

HARRY
What happened to you?

HERMIONE
Oh, I’ve just escaped…I mean, I’ve just left Cormac. Under the mistletoe…

HARRY
Serves you right for coming with him.

HERMIONE
I thought he’d annoy Ron most. He makes Grawp look like a gentleman. Let’s go this way, we’ll be able to see him coming
(The three of them walk across the room towards Professor Trelawney.)

LUNA
Hello Professor.

TRELAWNY
Good evening, my dear. I haven’t seen you in my classes lately…

Harry turns to Hermione as Trelawney talks to Luna

HERMIONE
Do you see him?

HARRY
Yeah, as a matter of fact he’s coming this way

HERMIONE
Oh no!
(She ducks down and runs as McLaggen walks up to Harry and Luna.)

CORMAC
Potter!

HARRY
What do you want?

CORMAC
Hermione!
(Harry stares at him.)
I mean have you seen her?

HARRY
No
(Cormac gives Harry a slight frown and walks away. Harry turns to see Hermione sticking her head out from behind the wall. She mouths 'thank you' and ducsk again. Harry laughs then he turns around to Luna and Trelawney’s conversation.)

TRELAWNY
Harry Potter! My dear boy! The rumors! The stories! The Chosen One! Of course, I have known for a very long time. Why have you not returned to Divination?

HARRY
Well…um…
(Slughorn walks up to them and Harry for the first time acts as if he’s g lad to see him there)

SLUGHORN
Harry m’boy are you avoiding me?

HARRY
Um…no sir…

SLUGHORN
How are you Sybill?

TRELAWNY
Just fine thanks, just here wondering why Potter didn’t return to Divination, the subject is very important, especially for him.

SLUGHORN
We all think our subjects are important…ahhh Severus! Come and join us!

(The camera pans to Snape who was talking to another teacher. He turns and walks towards them.)

SLUGHORN
Have I told you about Harry’s exceptional potion making? Some credit must go to you, of course, you taught him for five years!

SNAPE
Funny, I never had the impression that I managed to teach Potter anything at all.

SLUGHORN
Well, it’s natural ability. You should have seen what he gave me, first lesson, Draught of Living Death…not even you managed it on your first attempt Severus.

SNAPE
Really?
(He casts a look at Harry.)

SLUGHORN
What other subjects are you taking m’boy?

HARRY
Well…there’s Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Transfiguration…

SNAPE
All the subjects required, in short for an Auror.

HARRY
Yeah, well, that’s what I want to do.

LUNA
I don’t think you should be an Auror Harry. They are a part of the Rotfang Conspiracy. They’re working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease.

(They all stare at her and we see Filch walk up holding Malfoy by the ear.)

FILCH
Professor Slughorn, I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out?

MALFOY
All right, I wasn’t invited! I was trying to gatecrash, happy?

FILCH
No, I’m not! You’re in trouble, you are!

SLUGHORN
That’s all right, Argus. It’s Christmas, and it’s not a crime to want to come to a party. We’ll forget any punishment and you may stay, Draco.

(Filch gives an angry grunt and storms off.)

SNAPE
I’d like a word with you, Draco.

SLUGHORN
Oh, now, Severus it’s Christmas, don’t be too hard…

SNAPE
I’m his Head of House, and I shall decide how hard, or otherwise, to be. Follow me, Draco. (Snape turns and walks away and Malfoy follows him.)

HARRY
Um..Luna…I’ll be back in a bit…bathroom.

LUNA
All right.

TRELAWNY
So dear, tell me more about this Rotfang Conspiracy…

INT-HALLLWAY-NIGHT (MOMENTS LATER)

Harry walks out of the room into the dark quite corridor. He pulls out his Invisibility Cloak and throws it over himself. He then walks slowly down the hall and turns to corner and see’s Snape and Draco standing there.

SNAPE
You cannot afford mistakes, Draco, because if you are expelled…

DRACO
I didn’t have anything to do with it, all right?

SNAPE
I hope you are telling the truth, because it was both clumsy and foolish. Already you are suspected of having a hand in it.

DRACO
Who suspects me? For the last time, I didn’t do it, okay?

SNAPE
Ah…Aunt Bellatrix has been teaching you Occlumency, I see. What thoughts are you trying to conceal from your master, Draco?

DRACO
I’m not trying to conceal anything; I just don’t want you butting in!

SNAPE
Listen to me; I am trying to help you. I made the Unbreakable Vow, Draco…

DRACO
Looks like you’ll have to break it then, because I don’t need your protection. I’ve got a plan and it’s going to work!

SNAPE
What is your plan?

DRACO
It’s none of your business!

SNAPE
Draco I can assist you…

DRACO
I’ve got all the assitance I need thanks, I’m not alone!

SNAPE
You were certainly alone tonight…

DRACO
I would’ve had Crabbe and Goyle if you hadn’t put them in detention!

SNAPE
If your friends intend to pass their Defense Against the Dark Arts O.W.L…

DRACO
What does it matter? It’s all a joke, an act. Like any of us need protecting against the Dark Arts…

SNAPE
It is an act that is crucial to success Draco! Confide in me and I can…

DRACO
I know what you’re up to! You want to steal my glory!

SNAPE
You are speaking like a child! I quite understand that your fathers capture and imprisonment has upset you, but…

Draco walks away immediately from Snape. Harry stands very still as he walks by. We see a shot of Snape watching Draco walk away and he returns back to the direction the party. We see a look of shock on Harry’s face and the scene fades…

Sponsored Links