View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2007, 9:54 pm
Fourth Year

Re: Fan Scripts: Script your own version of Harry Potter

Well in light of todays casting news I decided to add the next part of my old HBP screenplay that includes 3 of the newly casted members lol. I didn't want to actual show QUidditch so the following scene is the aftermath and don't worry, we won't be seeing that actual funeral for Aragog

EXT. QUIDDITCH STADIUM
The scene fades to a shot of the Quidditch stadium. The camera then cranes down and we see that Quidditch tryouts have been held and Harry is announcing who’s made the team.

HARRY
Due to the fact that McLaggen only saved 4 and Ron saved 5 I think it’s only fair to award Ron the postion.

McLaggen storms up to Harry

CORMAC
His sister didn’t really try. She gave him an easy save!

HARRY
Rubbish, that was the one he nearly missed.

CORMAC
Give me another go!

HARRY
No. Now if you don’t mind, get out of my face.

Cormac frowns and storms off and we see Harry look at Ginny and smile. It is the first time he looks at Ginny this way, as if there’s something different about her. The camera zooms in on her and she smiles back as Dean comes and grabbes her by the hand and takes her away. We see the smile fade from Harry’s face and Ron walks up to him.

RON
I did alright didn’t I?

HARRY
Yeah and good thing to. Now I don’t have to deal with that McLaggen?

Lavender Brown with one of her friends walk up to them.

LAVENDER
You were amazing Ron…

RON
Oh…thanks Lavender.

LAVENDER
See you around…
(She grabs her friends arm and they walk away giggling.)

RON
What the bloody hell was that about?

Ron and Harry look at each other and the scene cuts to

EXT. OUTSIDE HAGRIDS HUT MOMENTS LATER
Harry and Ron walking towards Hagrids Hut and the camera pans to a barrel full of what looked like foot long maggots, that are slimy, white, and writhing.

RON
Hagrid..hey….
(notices the slimey maggots).
What the bloody hell are those?

HAGRID
Oh hey….Jus’ giant grubs

RON
And they grow into…?

HAGRID
They won’ grow inter nuthin’, I got em tter feed Aragog
(He pauses and then starts to cry)

HARRY
Hagrid…what’s….

HAGRID
It’s…him….Aragog…I think he’s dyin…I don’t know what I’ll do if he…if he….We’ve bin tergether so long…

HARRY
Hagrid I….is there anything we can do?

HAGRID
I don’ think so Harry, see the rest o’ the tribe, Aragog’s family…they’re getting a bit funny now he’s ill…bit restive…

RON
Yeah, I think we saw a bit of that side of them in our second year....

HAGRID
I don’t reckon it’d be safe fer anyone but me ter go near the colony at the mo But thanks fer offerin, it means a lot…

Hagrid walks away from them and the scene fades to'

EXT. HOGSMEADE-DAY

Hogsmeade. We see shots of different students going into various shops.

INT-THREE BROOMSTICKS-DAY
The camera pans to a shop named Honeydukes and goes inside where we see Harry, Ron, and Hermione drinking a Butterbeer.

RON
Wonderful

HERMIONE
Honestly Ron, we know you fancy her and all but…

Hermione looks over at the bar and we see Madam Rosmerta making drinks for someone.

RON
What? No! You got it all wrong…I..ugh..was talking about the Butterbeer!

HERMIONE
We all know how much you fancy Madam Rosmerta Ron
(She laughs)

RON
Jealous?

HERMIONE
Why….of course not
(She clears her throat and looks at Harry to quickly change the subject.)
Are you all right? You haven’t touched your Butterbeer?

HARRY
Yeah, it’s just that Slughorn is driving me mad, he keeps trying to get me to come to those parties.

HERMIONE
They’re not so bad, they’re even quite fun.

RON
Speaking of Slughorn…

Slughorn walks into the pub and makes his way towards their table.

SLUGHORN
Harry m’boy! I can’t have you missing anymore of my little suppers. I’m determined to have you! Miss Granger loves them, don’t you?

HERMIONE
Yes, they’re really…

SLUGHORN
So why don’t you come along, Harry?

HARRY
Oh...I have Quidditch practice.

SLUGHORN
Well I certainly expect you to win your first match. Well, how about Monday night?

HARRY
Can’t, I have a meeting with Dumbledore

SLUGHORN
Unlucky again! You can’t evade me forever, Harry!

He bows and walks away.

RON
He acts like I’m not even here, I’ve yet to get invited to these parties.

HERMIONE
Oh they’re not all they’re made up to be Ron.

RON
Yeah…right…you were just talking about how great they are!

HERMIONE
I did not! Oh honestly Ron you’re overreacting.

Harry turns and looks out of the window as they continue to argue. He see’s Ginny and Dean walk by eating candy. He smiles slightly as…

EXT- OUTSIDE OF HOGSMEADE
The scene cuts to Harry, Ron, and Hermione walking back to school. There are two girls arguing in the background. Harry, Ron, and Hermione turn around to see what the fuss is about. It’s Katie Bell and Her friend Leanne.

KATIE
It’s nothing to do with you, Leanne!

LEANNE
Katie stop being a….

She reaches for the package that Katie is holding and Katie tugged it back and the package fell to the ground. All at once Katie rises in the air with her arms outstretched with her hair whipping around her by a feirce wind. Her eyes and closed and then she lets out a terrible scream. Her eyes open and Leanne begins to scream. She runs to Katie and tries to pull her down by her ankles. Harry, Ron, and Hermione run up to help and when they grab her she falls and Harry and Ron catches her. She’s shaking tremendously. They lower her to the ground and she’s thrasing and screaming. The scene cuts to Hagrid picking Katie up.

HAGRID
It’s ok, I’ll be taking her to the hospital wing.
He walks away as she continues to scream. Hermione goes to comfort Leanne and Ron walks bends down and we see a shot of an ornate opal necklace that’s sticking out of the paper. He reaches down to grab it but Harry grabs his arm.

HARRY
Don’t touch it! I’ve seen this before, it was on display in Borgin and Burks ages ago. The label said it was cursed… Katie must have touched it.
(He gets up and walks towards Leanne.)
How did Katie get hold of this?

LEANNE
Well that’s why we were arguing. She came back from the bathroom in the Three Broomsticks holding it, said it was a surprise for somebody at Hogwarts and she had to deliver it. She looked all funny when she….oh no…I bet she’d been Imperiused and I didn’t realize!
(She starts to cry in Hermione’s shoulder.)

HERMIONE
We’d better get up to school.

HARRY
She didn’t say who’d given it to her, Leanne?

LEANNE
No…she wouldn’t tell me.

INT. McGONNAGELLS OFFICE-NIGHT
The scene cuts to the Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting in Professor McGonagalls office.

PROFESSOR McGONAGALL
So what happened when Katie touched the necklace?

HARRY
She rose up in the air and then bagan to scream, and collasped. Professor, can I see Professor Dumbledore, please?

McGONAGALL
The headmaster is away until Monday, Potter.

HARRY
Away?

McGONAGALL
Yes, Potter, away. But anything you have to say about this horrible business can be said to me, I’m sure!

HARRY
(He looks at both Ron and Hermione and back to McGonnagal.)
I think Draco Malfoy gave Katie that necklace, Professor.

McGONAGALL
That is a very serious accusation, Potter. Do you have any proof?

HARRY
Well…no…but you must trust me.

McGONAGALL
Potter, you cannot point the finger of blame at Mr. Malfoy, he was not in Hogsmeade today. He was doing detention with me. And it might interest you to know Potter that Mr. Filch has set up Secrecy Sensors all over the school grounds. Any Dark object will be found, even the owls have extra security! Now if that is all, good day to you all!

INT-MOVING STAIRCASE-NIGHT
The scene cuts to the three of them walking towards their common room on the MOVING STAIRCASES

RON
Who do you think Katie was supposed to give the necklace to?

HERMIONE
Whoever it was has had a narrow escape don’t you think? No one could have opened that package without touching the necklace.

HARRY
It could’ve been meant for loads of people. Dumbledore, Slughorn…I wonder why Malfoy told her to take it into the castle.

HERMIONE
Harry, Malfoy wasn’t in Hogsmeade!

HARRY
He must have used an accomplice then.

RON
(Irritably)
Oh drop it, Harry!

HARRY
Don’t take that tone with me! It’s not my fault Slughorn invited Hermione and me to his stupid party, neither of us wanted to go, you know?

RON
Well, as I’m not invited to any parties, I think I’ll go to bed.
(He walks away from them angrily)

HERMIONE
Harry you should apologize. I know you’re convinced that Malfoys somehow at fault but he wasn’t there….

HARRY
He is involved Hermione, and I’m going to find out how.

She sighs knowing that there’s no point in arguing and The scene fades.

Oh Arry there is just SO much. I like some of the things but you have ALOT of things there. Why the prophecy at the beginning? You're introducing something that won't get brought up again until the 5th film and probably won't be resolved until the 6th. I mean it's an interesting concept and if this was a trilogy I'd say yeah good idea! It'll be interesting to see how your series shapes up though. What is the time limit you're giving yourself?

Just remember Peter Jackson had to fight really hard to get LOTR that long and the thing LOTR had that Harry Potter doesn't are huge battles that lasted 20+ mins. Keep it up though it's very interesting.

Sponsored Links