View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2008, 10:57 am
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Snape and Lily: Joint Character Analysis v.3

Okay, assuming Snape had no role to play in Lily's sacrifice,

1) Why did Voldmeort Give 3 chances to Lily to step aside?

2) What was the magic that Lily's sacrifice gave Harry?

3) Did James's death mean nothing, but Lily's everything? Why?

4) Was Lily's death superior to James's? Is a mother's sacrifice greater than a father's?

5) What did Voldemort have with a "mudblood" as he thought of Harry's mother (COS where he says so to harry in the Chamber) that he did not care to kill her? Did he think she was not a threat to him?

6) Why did Voldemort think that as long as Lily was sensible she had nothing to fear?

I don't think there are satisfactory answers in canon unless we take Snape's request into consideration.

And I don't think I am trying to lessen Lily's sacrifice or boost Snape's role by trying to analyze what happened. If you can give me with canon references about what happened that night that Harry was able to survive an AK, I'll only be too glad to accept.

-------------

Harry did not do anything for Peter. He was agreeable to hand over Peter to the dementors to be kissed. Peter escaped because of Lupin, otherwise he would have been kissed. So Harry did not save him; he saved Sirius and Lupin.

And I also don't think I was making a comparison between any 2 people. I was trying to point our that sometimes magic can work even when one does not intend it to.

Quote:
posted by wwb
Huh? We know the only magic was 'old magic' that occurred due to Lily's sacrifice, because Voldemort gave her a choice to stand aside, but she wouldn't and he killed her.
Why did he give her the choice? and why did he think that Lily had nothing to fear?

The entire post is my opinion only.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links