View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2008, 3:57 pm
Leader of the GLITTELUTION

Re: Snape and Lily: Joint Character Analysis v.3

IMO, Lily's attraction to James began even earlier than SWM. In the scene where she and Severus are arguing about the Werewolf Incident, she seems to take James' side on that issue despite evidence to the contrary and implies that the Marauders are somehow better than Mulciber/Avery, despite the fact that their actions are very similar.

IMO, Lily wasn't the only one out of line there. Severus was being foolish and allowing his jealousy of James to distract him, as that is easier than noticing what is wrong with his friends' actions.
However his fear that James might come between them does, IMO, hold a lot of water. He is, on some level, one of the reasons for their argument. Lily wants him to own up to his mistakes, but Severus cannot do so when he sees Lily making similar ones.

(And note that I said "he sees Lily making mistakes". IMO, Severus thinks this. I'm not touching on my own opinion, because I know that will cause WW3...)

VIVA LA GLITTELUTION
Looking for a home away from home?
Hogsmeade ~ Apparate.me
Sponsored Links