View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2008, 3:27 pm
Always Indy's Girl

Re: Snape and Dumbledore: Joint Character Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwickedboy View Post
I re-read Snape's death scene and JKR's intent came through intensely this time. I really believe Snape was delighted to be able to tell Harry he was a horcrux and must die - and in a way, Dumbledore had granted Snape that opportunity for happiness in exchange for not telling him about the Elder Wand.
I thought that Snape was horrrified when he questions Dumbledore about the message he has to pass on to Harry and send him to his death. He could have told Snape that Harry may live after that, but he chooses not to.

Quote:
posted by SusanBones
I feel that Snape showed more integrity in this relationship than Dumbledore did. But it would have been difficult for Dumbledore to do anything differently if he wanted to defeat Voldemort. He needed to keep secrets and he needed to use people. It is unfortunate and I wish it could have been different. It isn't the way I hoped it would be, either.

There is nothing of which every man is so afraid, as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming - Soren Kierkegaard

Spotlight on Snape and Molly

:indy:
Sponsored Links