View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2009, 6:02 am
Conquering Reading Lists

Re: Reactions of Non-readers

My friend was scandalised when Snape killed Dumbledore. She was crying and silently fuming at Snape. One of my friends who's read the book, then had to spoil everything for her and say " Don't worry. Dumbledore wanted to die"

Which confused my friend even more and she had to explain the entire story in short

Well, from what I've noticed, non-readers enjoy the film because there's so much they can relate to- the romance, mostly is so hilarious and is just the entertainment they've all come for. Same goes for the scenes in the cave and the scenes that follow- that's just the intense scenes that they wanted to see and it was perfect, my friend felt.

"At the end of the first round, I will award three points to Mr. Kaine for an excellent nonspecific condemnation, plus one bonus point for blaming the previous government and another for successfully mutating the question to promote the party line. Mr. van de Poste gets a point for a firm rebuttal, but only two points for his condemnation, as he tried to inject an impartial and intelligent observation"
- Jasper Fforde, Something Rotten

Avatar credit: RachelDinozzo at Deviantart

Rita Skeeter was here
Sponsored Links