View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2011, 4:17 am
Curse Breaker

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis Reboot v.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervasCat View Post
As for "favoring Slytherins," I don't see that he favored them any more that the other Heads of Houses favored their's. He punished Slytherins with detention, as we read of Crabbe and Goyle serving detention. He didn't give them any extra points in class that weren't earned. He didn't take undue amounts of points off for Gryffindors misbehavior, and we don't see any Slytherins misbehaving in his class, so I don't know what points he'd have taken off for their actions.
Hmmm....I'll have to do some reading for a more complete reply here, but just because we see Crabbe & Goyle in detention does not mean that Snape was the teacher who put them there; it could have been several others. As far as Slytherins not misbehaving....the one example that stands out is Malfoy when he & Harry cursed each other but others got it instead (Hermione's teeth episode). As I recall, Snape did nothing at all to Draco for punishment there.

....I miss David Tennant....
Sponsored Links