View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2010, 9:36 pm
Assistant to Professor Snape

Re: Severus Snape: Character Analysis v.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza101 View Post
You state your case very well except that I cannot under any circumstances see the Marauders as probable murderers.
But from Severus' point of view he did and he even mentions it 17 years later.

PoA, Hermione's Secret
"Sirius Black showed he was capable of murder at the age of sixteen," he breathed. "You haven’t forgotten that, Headmaster? You haven’t forgotten that he once tried to kill me?"

Quote:
Frankly it was none of Snape's business what Remus was doing on those days and I have to say that he should have stayed out of it completely. That however does not make Sirius' actions palatable in any way, but I do not believe he meant murder and if Snape did believe that, then it says more about his thought processes at that time than it does about Sirius.
It may have been none of Snape's business, but he shouldn't have had his life put at risk for being nosey, even if he was trying to get the Marauders expelled.

Quote:
Remus was at the school under Dumbledore's aegis and that was good enough for every student except Snape.
As far as we know none of the other students suspected Remus of being a werewolf. The fact that Dumbledore kept it all hush hush shows that it wouldn't have been acceptable to the general student body or their parents.

Quote:
IMO,Snape hated the Marauders and he projected his feelings of hate onto them. I cannot forget that he devised the Sectumsepra spell for his enemies, that says a lot about him while he was going to school.
I think he had good reason to hate the Marauders. As for creating Sectumsempra, it only shows me that he felt the need to protect himself. Not that I approve of such a spell.

Moved from the Snape and Lily thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza101 View Post
IMO Snape has access to a lot of assumptions and treats them like cold, hard facts. Severus can believe the moon is made of green cheese , it doesn't make it so. .
Whether Severus believes something rightly or wrongly is not what is in question as far as I am concerned. As I see it, Severus' thoughts, beliefs and motivations are important to how and why he behaves in certain ways, including his conversation with Lily.

Sponsored Links